Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Aftermarket steering wheel installation on my 924s

For the longest time I've been wanting to buy a new steering wheel for my 924s but there was just to many options out there and I couldn't make up my mind. I finally decided on a suede OMP steering wheel but I don't know what hub adaptor I'm suppose to get. I watched a video where a guy used a Momo 8010 hub adapter on his 924s installation but the adapter is pretty expensive for me. I see a lot of mixed prices out there for hub adapters so I wanted to know if the 8010 is my only option or if they have others out there that will fit.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have 944 and followed the same thought process as you. I finally came to the decision that this and the brake pedal are the two most important things in the car that I touch. I ended buying the momo adapter and a little bit cheaper wheel. After installing the momo and I can tell you the quality is top notch and the adapter appears to be designed to crush in an accident.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocheck View Post
I have 944 and followed the same thought process as you. I finally came to the decision that this and the brake pedal are the two most important things in the car that I touch. I ended buying the momo adapter and a little bit cheaper wheel. After installing the momo and I can tell you the quality is top notch and the adapter appears to be designed to crush in an accident.

Just my two cents.

Good thinking I did not consider that.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I have had a Momo steering wheel in my 924S for years, and love the look and feel.

If you are patient or post a WTB you may be able to save yourself a few $$ and get a used adapter.

Not to spend more of your money, but another part to consider is below. This additional adapter will move the steering wheel up a bit and give you some more leg room.
Steering Eccentric Adapter - JWest Engineering

Good Luck.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ok so I found this but I'm not sure if it's the right one

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BOSS-KIT-HUB-FIT-PORSCHE-924-944-TURBO-FIT-MOMO-SPARCO-OMP-STEERING-WHEELS/192336779781?hash=item2cc82a5a05:g:cRYAAOSwjDZYizT 3&vxp=mtr

I asked the seller and will be waiting to hear back from them. It seems like my best option as it doesn't appear to be cheap and is a good price. Any thoughts?

Old 02-08-2018, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

One other thing do I have to worry about what horn button I get with the wheel? I see there are different styles and I don't know if the Porsche one is specific or universal

Old 02-08-2018, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Quote:

Just my two cents.

I ended up buying an nos 8010 from eBay. Now I'm just deciding on the wheel. On all the wheels I look at they have 2 connectors for the horn which confuses me because the 924 horn button only has one. Do both of these connectors get used or am I looking at a horn that won't work with my current setup? This is what the horn looks like on the wheel I want to get

Old 02-08-2018, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

That is so weird, I ordered a NRG wheel that looks identical. You will use both connectors. One hooks to the positive horn wire that you will be unhooking from your existing wheel. The other is for ground, it hooks to a ground ring that is supplied with the momo adapter.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
That is so weird, I ordered a NRG wheel that looks identical. You will use both connectors. One hooks to the positive horn wire that you will be unhooking from your existing wheel. The other is for ground, it hooks to a ground ring that is supplied with the momo adapter.

Thanks for the clarification no ground ring unfortunately $80 only buys you the hub. I realized that after why it was so cheap but I'm sure I can easily make something. Funny how us 924/944 owners have similar taste.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: