Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel injectors stuck?

Hi all,
Trying to pull my fuel injectors to have them cleaned and also changing the fuel lines while I am at it so she doesn't burn to the ground on me. I have everything unhooked and have the four bolts holding the fuel rail removed. The instructions on Clark's state: "firmly pull up on the fuel rail". It doesn't seem to want to come out. I am afraid to pull too hard.

Any tips?
Old 02-10-2018, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
spray lots of penetrating oil in around the base of the injectors and let it run in to the injector bore and soak a while. The orings get baked and sludged. Be slow and gentle or you could damage the injectors or fuel rail.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Also when you re-assemble things, grease the orings and the bore on the fuel rail and intake beforehand.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I used a bit of penetrant overnight and then alternated between rocking and firmly pulling on the injector for cylinder 1. Once it was loose I worked my way back. Just make sure you are pulling with both hands firmly on the bottom of the fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Theres retaining clips on the fuel rail. I took those off and the fuel rail popped right off. And i just gently twisted each injector to try and break it free and they each popped out nice and easy
Old 02-10-2018, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks everyone. I will soak them tonight and try in the morning.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Well, after a lot of choice words, I got them out. These obviously haven't been out before. Thanks for the tip Pipemaster. The injectors were stuck so badly I would have destroyed the fuel rail or at least, the clips. Even after removing the rail it took quite a bit of rocking and pulling to get them out.

Thanks everybody, I would have broken something!
Old 02-11-2018, 02:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

helps to pull up on the individual injector bodies just a little at a time, front to back.

pulling on the rail risks pulling the injectors out of the rail leaving them stuck in the manifold, and fuel coming out.

when reinstalling put a little bit of light grease or motor oil on the new o rings and make sure the "socket" is clean.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Used o-ring grease on re-assembly and cleaned the sockets. Running great with no leaks!

Thank you for the help.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: