Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rear Hatch Squeak

Link to Post on Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S Forum
Old 02-21-2018, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have a hatch doing exactly this and it squeaks badly.

Interesting in that if the latch is hitting the body like the one shown, it sort of stops the hatch separation. If there was a way to quiet the squeak noise.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Well anyway I used a round file to file a deeper/wider groove in the hatch pin block and relieve the stress. It stops the squeak. The hatch pin holder block is billet aluminum and files easily.

Not sure if I should bother to adjust the hatch alignment/hinges or not. Think I will let it go for a while and see if the squeak returns or not.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnolan View Post
Well anyway I used a round file to file a deeper/wider groove in the hatch pin block and relieve the stress. It stops the squeak. The hatch pin holder block is billet aluminum and files easily.
Interesting: same here adding a little black paint and new latch pins...

Old 03-04-2018, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: