Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clutch Power Spring Pin? Clutch pedal sticking.

On my 88 951 my clutch pedal has recently started sticking on the floor. After reading a lot about it I surely thought it was slave/master replacement time. But after driving yesterday briefly I noticed it returned with an audible THUNK. Goes in/out of gear fine and only sticks infrequently. When I got home I crawled under the dash to once again check for interior fluid leaks at the cylinder and found my clutch power spring isn't held onto the sheetmetal by any cotter pin or clip. I've read a few posts about it not being needed but after depressing the clutch whilst under there it absolutely falls out of the hole in the sheet metal, gets bound behind and causes the clutch to be stuck monetarily on the floor. I cannot however find a photo or part # for the clip that would hold this in place. See diagram below.

Can anyone take a photo of their power spring/helper and show me how it's secured to the sheetmetal?

Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This happened to me too...while trying to pull up onto the rollers for a smog test (at night!), had to limp home to fix and go back for re-test.

There is a white plastic piece that serves as both the lower spring seat and the pivot point against the sheet metal bracket. Plastic cracks and falls apart, the rod connecting the spring to the pedal pushes through and falls loose.

I just removed the spring assembly entirely from my car, it makes the pedal a little harder but you get used to it after a day or so.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks - I think I could totally deal without the power spring altogether - though the plastic beveled seat looks like it's in great shape. Curious if there was a cotter pin at one point regardless.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Pulled the whole spring assembly and it is indeed quite a bit stiffer. Not sure I love it. Anyone else have a pic of the securing pin?
Old 03-01-2018, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: