Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Rear Koni Shocks

I just installed rear Koni sport shocks. The half-sheet of instructions were obviously for international use and used drawings and symbols instead of text. On top of that, it looked like they flip flopped between struts and shocks. It seemed to indicate that two pieces were to be discarded from each shock...the little white plastic washer that wrapped around the shaft and separated the top and bottom halves, and, the foam insert that sits in the top housing. Of course, the diagram was not clear as to whether this pertained to the shock or the strut. I took out the plastic washer but left the foam in. I hope that was correct. They seemed to perform fine. Also, they are adjustable but same dumb illustrations with degrees and plus signs. My conclusion was rotate clockwise for a firmer ride so I just installed as is. Who knows about this?

Old 02-22-2003, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think what you mean by foam insert, is a bump stop which stops the shock being compressed below a certain level. They should be left in. You need to remove them when you want to adjust the shocks though. If you don't you can't adjust. I think the procedure is remove the insert, compress the shock to the end and start rotating the shock left or right to stiffen the shocks. You can tell when is stiffer by pulling the shock out and observing how difficult is to pull it out. You can readjust by repeat of the above procedure. To be shure you are adjusting try to rorate the compressed shock left or right, if rotation goes indefinetelly you are not adjusting anything. I think you have only about 2.5 turns to your disposition.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks makis. Too bad Koni can't have a clear, concise note such as yours.

Old 02-23-2003, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: