Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
Porsche Crest Is my coolant disappering?> must be magic...

Okay it's me again, with my new 944, I have noticed hile working on the car for about 1 month now that I think the coolant is empty or very low, but I can't tell. First how do I check that, second can I just add more? or do I need to flush and bleed the system? I'm worried that it could be that reoccuring problem w/ coolant and oil mixing, but the oil looks pretty fine. There doesn't seem to be any leaks, as far as I can tell. Its driving me crazy, can you help me solve the case of the disappering coolant?

Old 02-23-2003, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
well look at the cooland resevoir and see if you have any coolant, if not you should fill it up with coolant, be sure you get coolant that is safe for aluminum engines. If the coolant is disappearing you have a larger problem, it could be oil cooler seals which are common and will let the oil and water mix, you should fix it right away as damage will result otherwise. It could be a leak, it could be a head gasket, but no matter what you should really have coolant in your car or it is going to cause severe damage.

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 02-23-2003, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
make sure the car is level before you see if you have coolant in the reservoir in front of the driver's side wheel. It should be between the 2 marks

Old 02-23-2003, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: