Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Just call me "Ricer"

I fell into the dark side and ordered a set of those reverse glow guage faces off of EvilBay. I had been lusting for a set of white faces for so long now I could not resist the $25 for these. I had no intention of using the night glow (riceboy) function but I hooked it up anyway. Before I pulled the fuse out to disable it, I turned off the lights in the garage and kicked them on to see what they looked like. I'll be darned if they didn't look fairly nice. I was able to change the color and dim them so they just blended in nicely. Here are the photos.

"Don't retreat, reload." Sarah Palin
Old 02-27-2003, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to 944S Boyeee
Somebody call Uncle Ben right now!!!!!

No, but seriously - I like em'

944S Boyeee
Old 02-27-2003, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

nice! i was looking at those on ebay and they didnt look as nice as your pictures show them, if i get them im getting a set of non lit up aluminum white face gauges, they are like 20 bucks.

-John
Old 02-27-2003, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I was looking for the non lit up ones, but never saw them for my configuration (no fuel mileage indicator). Oh well, I am happy.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Custom User Title

The reverse models look great IMO. You can actually read your gauges at night now. But with this darn 951, nobody has made nice gauges for it. Someday.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
NICE!!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Great colour gauges, they look like the VW gauges, very cool. I wish they made them in km/h for my car.
Even if someone things its "rice", who cares, be true to your self and come out of the closet....I did, I like Porches and I like Alfas and Fiats...

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 02-27-2003, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

I had a Fiat X1/9.. I loved it but it rotted away.. pffttt..
Old 02-27-2003, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Looks great!!!I dont think its too ricey at all..if you painted your interior yellow Id say thats enough...-chris
Old 02-27-2003, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by fty
Looks great!!!I dont think its too ricey at all..if you painted your interior yellow Id say thats enough...-chris
So you are saying that I should not install the Type R seat covers and seatbelt pad.... Right?

Old 02-27-2003, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Rice!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Hehe, no what I meant to say was:

You're a ricer!
Ahmet
Old 02-27-2003, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

No hes not.
Ricer would be big ass rims, and graphix and everything in the interior painted. White faces dont say anything for rice. White faces are on tons of new cars now including vans, does that mean they are all rice? nope
Old 02-27-2003, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

They look nice. Just not for me though.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Gotta add a bumper sticker (saw one today at Home Despot)

"STREET LETHAL"

Four exhausts, adjustable huge wing...primer.....20" wheels...what else?

a Honda....
Old 02-27-2003, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Well that depends on your def. of rice. I was making a joke w/my comment.

However, I see the gauges fine and I'm not for most cosmetic only improvements, specially when they cost a lot. To add to that, I'm usually against things that are worse in some aspects. Those look to be too bright for their intended function at night.

I wouldn't do it, that's just me.
Ahmet
Old 02-27-2003, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
well you could get the TRD seatbelt pads....but the type R ones are gonna have to wait..I mean thats just ridiculous....
Old 02-28-2003, 01:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 1.2gees
Those look to be too bright for their intended function at night.
They actually have a dimmer. I turned it up for the photo. I turn it down for real world driving.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

suck my tail pipe

Quote:
I wouldn't do it, that's just me.
Ahmet, I've seen these gauges in a few cars. they are pretty nice. you can dim them and sometimes change the color to suit your mood.. if you're into that.. they do seem nice to me if I had the time and $ I'd do it, but only if they had an exact replacement for a 944 model specific. The interior lights in my car are working but you can't see Jack they are so dim... so,. throw that onto the list.

Frank B
Old 03-03-2003, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Custom User Title

So I went looking for some of these again... there's a model for an N/A with the mpg meter under the tach. So I was thinking in theory that this could be put on my 951, and the boost meter would just fill the mpg hole and still work just fine (although watching my "MPG" meter jump up every time I pinned it would be humorous). Would this really work?

I'd really like to be able to know how fast I'm going past sunset.

Old 03-03-2003, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: