Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB 944 Axles

I need a good pair of axles for a later 944 non turbo.

The boots can be ripped but the joints and shaft need to be in good shape.

I will be tearing them down, cleaning them, re-greasing them, installing new boots and putting them on my Vanagon if that helps you decide if they are what I am looking for or not

Let me know what you have and a total with shipping to 45701
If you are close enough to southeast ohio I am also not afraid to come pick them up.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have them for $30 ea Shipping Priority flat rate box $18
Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Is that $18 each for shipping or $18 for the pair?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
The pair. 2 will fit in a USPS large flat rate box https://www.porsche944usedparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6510296

Last edited by gravesjeg; 12-06-2018 at 01:44 AM..
Old 12-06-2018, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sweet I will take them.
I will just buy them through the link you posted.

Thanks
Bill H.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Well I feel like I have been patient enough.

After getting shafted by the seller above, I am still in need of one late 944 CV joint.

As you may have noticed it has been more than 2 months and I still don't have all of the parts that I bought.

I was originally sent 2 complete "usable" axles and this was one of the joints that I received.

It was so rusty it would barely move.

I contacted the seller and he apologized and sent me another complete axle.
It was only after I got the second axle that I realized that one of the first two axles I received was not a 944 axle at all or at least not a version that I specified.
The CVs were 25 splines instead of the 33 splines I need and approximately 2mm thinner than the late 944 CV joints.
I contacted the seller and explained the issue and told him all he needed to send was one proper CV joint.
He said he would send another.
I waited 2 or 3 weeks because it was end of the year holiday time.
I never got the joint.

I contacted the seller again and he said he shipped it but it must not have made it here.
He said he would ship another.
That was more than 3 weeks ago and I still do not have my last CV joint and he has not answered my last private message.

I am done with that guy.

So, does anyone have one usable, late 944 non-turbo CV joint that they want to sell?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

just FYI, there were some variants of the late 944 axles regarding spline count, shaft diameter, and joint thickness.

compounded by the fact that 944 guys know that Vanagon axles fit their cars, and several aftermarket suppliers of vanagon axles...who knows what that axle is actually made for, even if it was removed from a driving 944 by the seller.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I am aware of the different axles/joints but if it is a late (88 or later?) NON-Turbo car it should have 33 spline joints that I need.

The OEM 944 joints had smaller balls than the Vanagon joints and apparently the Vanagon guys (me) want them because they can tolerate a bit more CV joint angle.

However, if you look up generic axles/CV joint replacements on ******** and places like that several of them will have the same joint listed for both vehicles.

So I guess it is possible that, if the joints have been replaced, they have some aftermarket joint that is exactly the same as my Vanagon joint.

I guess I am hoping that this is not the case with whatever joints I get.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
porscha

Garage
if you use them as a Assembly it will work . i have both turbos late and early on my car just the splines change ! repack them and send it .
porsche 944 1986 NA 8 valves 230k Kilometers on the clock weltmeister chip and coil springs , KYB gr-2 shocks all around , weltmeister throttle cam ! REbuilt head and all new sealed Upper motor ! fresh

Canada , Quebec
Old 02-11-2019, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: