Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile 951: Rebuilt 944 Turbo long block with extras - 0 miles

This motor came out of my 68,000 mile 944 Turbo. It was completely torn down and rebuilt by a mechanic from Dave White Autosports and has 0 miles since the rebuild. Since the time that I had the work done, I've decided to go with a Chevy LT1 motor, so I don't need it anymore.

The motor was torn down and measured, and needed only standard sized bearings throughout. Everything was in really nice shape. The crank journals have been polished, the cylinders were lightly honed, the head was freshened, and a widefire head gasket installed. The timing and balance shaft belts are installed and tensioned. The exhaust headers, with accordion update, are also installed. All parts used were German. There is no question that this rebuild was done right.

Only one modification was made to the motor. Since the engine is an '86, it did not have the automatic timing belt tensioner that came on the 1987 and up models. I had the block tapped and one of the automatic tensioners installed.

The motor also comes with a black, powder coated cam cover and cam caps. I wrapped the exhaust headers with the new, black Thermo-Tec wrap and Thermo-Tec Hi-Temp paint. It can be removed easily before the motor is run, but will keep the exhaust velocity up for less turbo lag. It will also reduce underhood temperatures that rob the motor of power.

Just add your turbo and accessories and you will have a virtually new motor that you can rely on. The mechanic that rebuilt it has been building 944 race motors and transaxles since Porsche first sold the 944. He is a series-winning crew chief from the Firehawk 944 series and has forgotten more Porsche tricks then most of us will ever know. However, this is a stock motor for a street car.

I am selling for less then my cost, but I want to sell it fast due to a new project, so my loss is your gain.

If you have any questions, please email me at . I have described the engine accurately though, and there is not much more to tell. It is a completely rebuilt longblock motor with 0 miles. It is ready to crate and ship immediately, so why wait months for a motor from a builder?

Price - $3500 OBO + shipping

allrpm@yahoo.com

Last edited by mweinst; 03-15-2003 at 08:06 AM..
Old 03-11-2003, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

ttt
Old 03-15-2003, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: