Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 88
WTB: Roof Rack for 944

As stated in the title, I'm looking for a roof rack for my 944 turbo. I'd prefer a factory rack, but I know those are hard to come by and expensive.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
944 roof rack

I think I have a couple of NOS. I will check and get you a price
Old 12-02-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 88
Great, thanks! You're in Uniontown aren't you?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
Yes I am in Uniontown. I see you are in Morgantown, if you ever need any parts I have parted over 500 Porsche's in the last 27 years and have a 26,000 square foot warehouse filled. The new ones I have are for 968/944S2 convertibles
Old 12-03-2019, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 88
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for looking!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
I have 3 brand new roof racks 924/944/968 part number 944.801.005.00 and retails for $344.77 and are no longer available
Old 12-04-2019, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 430
Garage
pm'd
Old 12-04-2019, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetporsche View Post
Yes I am in Uniontown. I see you are in Morgantown, if you ever need any parts I have parted over 500 Porsche's in the last 27 years and have a 26,000 square foot warehouse filled. The new ones I have are for 968/944S2 convertibles
Sorry to thread jack...do you have a 968 convertible roof with good top on it? I'd like to just replace the whole assembly instead of skinning it. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 88
Ok, so these will fit my car? PM sent.

Last edited by motoxxxdeamon; 12-04-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-04-2019, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 430
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetporsche View Post
I have 3 brand new roof racks 924/944/968 part number 944.801.005.00 and retails for $344.77 and are no longer available
pm'd you. emailed you. But no reply. Have you got my comms?
Old 12-05-2019, 12:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
Hi PlanetPorsche. Sent you PM/Email last week but no response. I would co sides taking all 3 of your good racks.
You can email me at rsracing1@yahoo.com

Thx
Old 12-08-2019, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsracing1 View Post
Hi PlanetPorsche. Sent you PM/Email last week but no response. I would co sides taking all 3 of your good racks.
You can email me at rsracing1@yahoo.com

Thx
Thx for response. Your asking price for $2000 each seems very excessive but I wish you good luck.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 88
I guess I opened Pandora's box on this one.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered
 
Racerbvd's Avatar
I have a old Thule
__________________
Byron

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&

Last edited by Racerbvd; 07-08-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Old 07-07-2020, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Montgomery Tx
Posts: 1,741
Garage
So I’m confused. Does he want $2000 for each roof rack or $377?
This whole thing is confusing
Tony
Old 07-07-2020, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 430
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoe32067 View Post
So Iím confused. Does he want $2000 for each roof rack or $377?
This whole thing is confusing
Tony
Yes it is very confusing. He started saying $377 and then when I contacted him he wanted $2k and said he had sold 2 at that price and had people interested in the third. Seems incredible to me but I guess it is the sellers prerogative to ask what they want...
Old 07-07-2020, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
Yes it is very confusing. He started saying $377 and then when I contacted him he wanted $2k and said he had sold 2 at that price and had people interested in the third. Seems incredible to me but I guess it is the sellers prerogative to ask what they want...
He is a seller of parts...
Pretty sure all 3 are long gone. As I inquired months ago.

And he got the 2k per. Sight unseen
. NOs.. unavailable rare gem

Original price at the dealer was 377. Now worth whatever someone was willing to pay.

Bill is a nice guy regardless.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered
 
Racerbvd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
I have a old Thule



__________________
Byron

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 07-08-2020, 02:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:44 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2020 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.