Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wtb: good torque converter

need good used automatic torque converter
Old 11-25-2003, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have an '87 924s auto. how much were you thinking for the torque convertor and wat year is your car?
Old 11-26-2003, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

'84 but it should be the same, price? well how many miles, do you know the cars history?
Old 11-27-2003, 12:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I bought the car to restore. At the time I bought it only needed minor body work and a little interior work but it had a bad fuel pump relay so I couldn't drive it . I had to roll it onto a dolly but the selector seemed tight the little bit I felt of it. On the way home the sunroof blow off and smashed the wind shield. So I've been parting it out. so I don't know how many miles are on it because I sold the speedo. a while back. I think it said 90,000. + but I don't know if the odometer was accurate. So all that said I guess its worth $150. +ship. (torque conver.)a new one is a little over a thousand bucks .I was told the car ran fine by the previos owner and that the trans. shifted great but I can't varify that for sure but I will send you your money back if it doesn't - shipp.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

thanks for the help but I've got another one coming.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

fyi...the Audi cars of the 80’s (i.e. Audi 5000) are the same

also...if you have metal flakes in auto transmission fluid…change torque converter (prolly the reason you are doing this)

Early '85 944
Old 11-28-2003, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: