Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dellorto dhla carbs

1978 924 Lives!!!!!
Well I fixed my fuel injection problems! With a little engineering I Manufactured an intake for the beast, and mounted a set of Dellorto 40 mm Dhla carbs. I also designed a simple throttle linkage system. What a difference the carbs made. My question is what is the ideal jet set up for the carbs. Main jet ! idle jet !------- and were may I find them. Or will the jets from weber work!!!!!

P.S. Thanks to all that tried to help when a was sorting out the Fuel injection problem. The best advice was, get rid of it.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I run Dellortos. Pmail me for advise about where to buy parts. K-mann
Old 04-18-2004, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'd like to know the source also. Could you post it?

76 912E RS (i.e. "Real Slow"); 63 Volvo P1800 "S"; 71 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1; 17 Shelby GT350; 99 996 coupe; 90 ZR1 Corvette
Old 04-23-2004, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here is the resource info for Dellorto Carbs

Step One: Go to www.cbperformance.com and type dellorto in the search window. They have a fair selection of parts and if you check out the parts locator you will have a complete parts breakdown for the Dell.

Step Two: Go to eBay and search dellorto. Look for a guy whose eBay name is Alfa1750. He is a guy in Italy that salvages Dells and sells, trades and has an unbelievable collection of Dell parts. he is honest and fair. I have misplaced his email but sent him a message via Ebay to contact me. I will post his email address when he replies to my request. BtW there are 82 Dellorto listings on eBAy currently but many of them are for bikes and not Porsche applications. Larry's Offroad in Ohio also sells some Dell parts that are the same parts and the Weber IDF such as manifold gaskets and such. Hope this helps. More later, RW
Old 04-24-2004, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have dealt with Alfa1750 on Weber stuff; I agree he is a great seller and a good guy. Thanks for the tips.

76 912E RS (i.e. "Real Slow"); 63 Volvo P1800 "S"; 71 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1; 17 Shelby GT350; 99 996 coupe; 90 ZR1 Corvette
Old 04-24-2004, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Here is the contact information for Gabriele the guy in Italy with a nearly endless supply of impossible to get Dellorto carb parts, (Alfa1750 on eBay)

He has two email addresses.

italian.carburetors@tiscali.it
italiancarburetors@hotmail.com

More later, RW
Old 04-25-2004, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: