Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wtb: 944 flexplate

my mechanic calls it a flexplate, the parts catalog calls it a damper. its the rubber-based plate type thing that hangs out near the clutch.

and the one on my 86 n/a 944 is done for. if anyone has a parts car and can spare theirs, please:

cmcmorrow2@washcoll.edu
Old 08-19-2004, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

on the automatic, the rubber donut thingy (where a clutch would go) is the (flex) damper...there is a flex plate but it attaches to the torque converter at the back end of the torque tube

there is so much work involved it makes little sense to put a used one in...kinda like replacing a clutch with a used one except unless you know for a fact the used one has little mileage on it

vertex has new ones priced at $699

http://www.**********.com/epcproductdetail.epc?cookieID=1B819NWBA&subcatid=0123&catid=118&clientid=**********.com&clientid=**********.com

but I seem to remember having seen them for less than $600Öcanít remember where though !

Early '85 944
Old 08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I agree, go new! Rubber gets brittle after years of use and you would be getting one that has already started the process.

Greg
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: