Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ok its time... trade or sell my 86 944 (not done)

okay if you've been on the boards you know the story if not here goes. I got a 1986 porsche 944 with 176k, this summer with a bad motor (cyl. 2 bearing was shot) I bought a newer motor 88 motor (few extra horsies) (100k miles) off of this very board. beautiful motor (painted and matches car) there are plenty of pics. the motor is 90% done. it is in the car and mounted up and most of the parts are mounted as well... theres probabally only 4 hours of work left to be done. the exterior of the car is very nice however not flawless.. of course you would be comming to see the car before you bought it but it was recently painted (not a perfect job but its still very beautiful) the interior is very nice except one tear in driver's seat and 2 dash cracks. it is a 5 speed. you also get the old motor and all the extra parts.. the block is good for rebuilding. heres what I want: $2100, or a newer, reliable car that gets at least 26mpg highway that will get me across country.. I am located in NE MA... here are some pics. please email me with offers, thanks
Old 12-04-2004, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

the email address is : middletonb4you@aol.com
Old 12-04-2004, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

BUMP

bump.... please make offers guys...
Old 12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Jeez, if you were in Calgary, I would buy that right now.
For the amount of work left to fix it, and your asking price, it's a damn good deal!

Buy my parts!
Old 12-05-2004, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I think so too!! its a really good winter project.... not to mention the extra block that comes with it can be rebuilt into a racing motor! come on guys... I'm only here for a few more weeks
Old 12-06-2004, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Sweet deal

Last edited by Helstrm; 12-07-2004 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-07-2004, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Crew Chief

If you where only closer !
Old 12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

put out the word guys.... hows 1900 sound?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I wonder if it could be shipped here for a reasonable price?...
It looks like it has a good straight body, and everything seems to line up, that's miles ahead of mine.

The engine is lower mileage, big +.
I have a friend offering to buy my 944 for a pretty good price, I'm rather attached to it, but if I'm trading up to one with a straight body, perhaps I could do it....

Pending financing and shipping costs, keep me in mind as a buyer.

Buy my parts!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Argh, this has been eating at my brain all day. I want it so badly.

If the shipping is reasonable, and my dad will help split the costs until I can sell my N/A, I'll take it.

Mine is beat to hell, I'm hoping to get a few bucks for it, I'll pull most of the new parts off, and swap them to your car, such as new brakes, C.V.'s, steering rack, etc. Then try to sell mine locally.

I'm wondering how low you can afford to go on this?... It looks like shipping will be in the range of $1000-$1400 US, including pick up and delivery, and I don't think I'll even get $3000CDN for my car. So I'm trying to minimize the loss as best I can. I just don't see the point in sinking any more money into my car. 3/4 of the body has at least a skim coat of bondo, the front frame rails are kinked, the front panels are all crooked, etc.

Time for some questions =)
While the motor was being installed, what all was done to it?...
Water pump, belts, clutch?

What do you have in the way of service history?
Would it be alright with you to ship it?

I suppose the passenger seat could be removed, and put sideways on the back seat to make room for the spare motor, could the hood be installed prior to shipping, and could all the other parts be put in the hatch area? (perhaps with some garbage bags down or something?...)

Also, do you have some more pictures of it?

Buy my parts!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Zero10, i am Farley from the Phone Dials in Montreal. I have an excellent running 1987 944NA with 165k miles, with FR Wilk chip, throttle cam, Design90 6 and 8 x 16s. Silver with tan leather. New clutch slaves/master cylinders. Not missing a beat since i got it in trade for my old 914.

If you were to be interested, what would be willing to pay? If the price is good, i may even go and deliver!!!!

Lemme know. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mduquette
Check your PM's

You've got a PM....
Old 12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: