Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Parting out '84 944

I'm parting out an '84 944.

I'm keeping the following parts:

transmission
axles
shift linkage
gas tank (I may still part with this if it's needed)
fuel pump
lug nuts
rear wheel spacers

The rest of the car is up for grabs. I want ALL of it gone, so no crazy offers are refused. I'll even cut up the unibody and ship individual chunks IF NEEDED (and you'd have to pay for that first).

It has what appears to be a good engine. Complete, makes good oil pressure when cranking, and compression numbers are as follows (front to back) 150psi, 180psi, 190psi, 185psi. I cannot make it run due to a PO that played around with the ignition and tried to "rewire" it. He did replace the DME and this is also available. I cannot verify these parts as functional, but will accept returns if found DOA. I will pull the engine, and can ship, but would rather find a local buyer. Car is located in SW Michigan, 1.5 hours from Chicago, 2.5 hours from Detroit, 1/2 North of South Bend on I-94. I'd like to get about $500 for the engine.

I also have stock 15x7" cookie cutters, anodizing is shot, but rims are in good shape otherwise. Missing 3 centers, and one has a slight curb rash. $200. No tires.

Most interior parts are shot, and the body looks good, but I don't know the history of the bodywork (underside of the car looks very good though, no major damage of any kind, so I doubt a wreck).

I will ship any/all parts. I can take pictures if needed, but please be serious since I don't want to take a million pictures of parts that no one ever buys. Keep in mind that I'm a 912 guy and this car is still new to me, but I will do my best to represent the parts as best as possible.

Thanks!

Grant
flatfour71@gmail.com

Last edited by Griznant; 03-10-2005 at 09:21 AM..
Old 03-07-2005, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dmb1685
i am in needing of a vacuum cannister. i was seeing if you have on. its usually white and kinda looks like oil filter.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i also wanted to see if your front seat mounts are good. if so would it be possible to cut out driver side in one peice with the 4 mounting points and the same for the passanger in one peice?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Interested in rear brake parts.

Need rear hubs and stub axles.

Also interested in rear calipers, mounting brackets, and rotors if useable.

Let me know price and shipping to 48197 - Ann Arbor.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
The floor on the driver's side is actually the only spot on the car with rust through. IT is back on the floor just behind the seat, so I'm not really sure how the seat mounts are. I'll rip out the carpet and take a look. I'll try and get pics if the lighting is good enough to show anything.
I'll need to check ont he vacuum canister. I know of a green canister with a vac line up by the battery, but I haven't paid too close of attention to the rest of that. I'll look tonight.

For the rear brakes, you are thinking rotors, stub axles, backing plates/caliper mounts and calipers? Basically everything up to the trailing arms?

I'll get back to you on the parts/prices.

Thanks,

Grant
Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

That is correct on the rear brakes. Everything up to the control arms, or bolts to the outside of the arms or axle. I also need the hubs (where the wheel studs are) which are mounted to the stub axles.

I do not need the e-brake setup.

Thad
Old 03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

That Guy

Garage
Past worth mentioning - 1987 924S, 1987 944, 1988 944T with 5.7L LS1

Last edited by Techno Duck; 11-29-2007 at 05:10 AM..
Old 03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Floor is rotted out at the rear seat mounts, so I doubt those will help you any. Sorry.

Here are some pics of the engine. Not sure what vaccum canister you are looking for, but please point it out on the pic, and I'll be happy to let you know.

http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/engine1.JPG
http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/engine2.JPG

I do still have the air box and snorkel, I pulled it off the AFM and it's in the trunk. Tip of snorkel to the AFM mounting, $20 plus shipping.

Complete rear brake assemblies down to the trailing arms as described, $125/pair.

I've got some pics of the car here:

http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/944-1.JPG
http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/944-2.JPG

Including rims:

http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/rim-1.JPG
http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/rim-2.JPG
http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/rim-3.JPG
http://www.qtm.net/~persot/Parts/944/rim-4.JPG

Thanks,

Grant
Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to michaelathome Send a message via Yahoo to michaelathome
Do you have the speed and ref sensors? Are they working?

Michael
Old 03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by michaelathome
Do you have the speed and ref sensors? Are they working?

Michael
Most likely. Where are they located, and is there a test procedure? I can check them if I know pins to check and outputs with a fluke meter.

I have no shop manual on this thing, so please be specific and I'll be happy to check. The thing that put this car out of commission was a right headlight fire which cooked the wiring harness and along with it the coil power harness, so I really can't verify what does and doesn't work when the car is running. Plus, it was just so raggedy on the inside it would have taken too much to restore.

Grant
Old 03-09-2005, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Where in MI are you?

Sent a pm about rear brakes and wheels.

Thad
Old 03-10-2005, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jmasters
do you have the under engine tray/cover?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to michaelathome Send a message via Yahoo to michaelathome
The ref sensors attach at the flywheel (bottom) and to a metal connector behind the oil fill tube(top) They have a black 3 post connector with a metal snap ring. If yours are in decent shape please let me know and I'll buy them.

Michael michaelji-@-hotmail.com remove the dashes(-) or PM me.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to procon
How about hood struts with hardware?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Do you have front hubs?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Do you have front hubs?

Mike mailto:msamsel@stny.rr.com
Old 03-16-2005, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

how much do you want for the vacuum cannister?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry, front hubs went with the brakes which are sold.

Vac canister? I have no idea what something like that is worth? $10?

Grant
Old 03-17-2005, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Jmasters
do you have the under engine tray/cover?
No, it was already gone when I got the car.

Grant
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
I'll give you $40 shipped for the front bumper, signal lights, rubbers, and shocks. Please let me know asap.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: