Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche 928 GT Wheels 16 x 7.5 & 9

VERY RARE- ORIGINAL Porsche 928 GT Wheels. 7.5 x 16 and 9 x 16

2 Fronts are 7.5 with 65 offset
2 Rears are 9 with 52 offset

Center caps are included.

These will make excellent track wheels or for a great look.

Fits 928's from 1987-1995

Fits all 944's from 1987 and up

Fits all 964's

They are very nice but not perfect. Have some slight curb rash and nicks. They have winter tires on them. Pirelli 240 Snow Sport 225/50R16 all arround with 80% tread.
EMAIL OFFERS PLEASE. Located in Atlanta.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by docsafi
Hah! those are just design 90's VERY RARE-my ass
Before you throw this guy under the bus look at what size these are. They are rare after all.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Apparently you don't know much AT ALL. Think before you reply. I guess they allow people with LIMITED Porsche knowledge to post replies. I dare you to find some sets like these. They were only available on 90-91 928 gt and some others.
I can find design 90 all day with sizes 16 X 6 or 7 or 8. GO FIND THEM in 16 X 7.5 and 9.
I guess you don't understand why the width and offset matters on wheels. I guess you don't know anything about how wheels affect the handling of a car.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I had that width and offset and traded to planet 911 which had two sets on hand! Oklahoma Foreign has a rack of wheels identical to those (yes with the same width and offset. So yes they are rare-if you don't know where to look. My appologies.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Oklahoma Foreign has a rack of wheels identical to those (yes with the same width and offset. So yes they are rare-if you don't know where to look. My appologies.
YOU ARE FULL OF $H!T, I just called Oklahoma Foreign and they DON'T HAVE ANY SETS OR EVEN A SINGLE WHEEL IN THOSE SIZES. The widest ones they have are 16 x 8. Did they magically sell the whole rack today. . . I don't think so.
I'm not going to bother with calling Planet9eleven because now anyone who reads this post knows and can VERIFY you are full of it!!!! I sincerly doubt it that you had these rims in those sizes!

LISTEN, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, AND YOU ARE TRYING TO SAVE FACE. ITS OK IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE, BUT ITS NOT OK TO FABRICATE FICTION SAYING EVERYONE HAS THEM WHEN THEY CLEARLY DON'T. PLEASE, QUIT MAKING UP $H!T
Old 04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Why can't we all just get along?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm done and have said my apologies. Once again, to the board, the people that listed, and to those I may have offended-I am very sorry. I wasn't trying to save face Projekt_speed, I have nothing to prove to you.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
You would have avoided this whole thing if you didn't post to begin with. Oh well...take it easy.

9's are indeed rare.
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 04-08-2005, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

This size only came on 928S4s, which we all know, there weren't as many of as 944 S2s(7&8s) or C2s/C4s
(which came with 6&8s), and not in the size he has. So why bust his balls when he markets a set of wheels that only came one model, that didn't sell big numbers like other Porsches?? A set of wheels that only came on one model, that didn't have big sales, and you could only get for limited years, does make them rare, it doesn't make them as desirable as, say, 911R wheels, but because the numbers are much lower than other models, yes, that makes them rare. BTW, are you open to trades?? My C4 could use these for track wheels, or my 951S could use them. Why do some people feel the need to put down what other people have, or try & hijack others for sale ads, that just shows that the quality of people in this forum has really dropped to a new low, and makes me feel bad to be a member of a group that doesn't watch out for scammers, but picks apart those they (parts) know nothing about other than someone may have it in stock. Yes, I know I have tons of stuff, but as many know, I would rather trade than sell (money is easy to make) and after 15 years, I have collected much more than I can use (but I till have a weak spot for wheels

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 04-08-2005, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Once again under someones skin, I have succeeded. Now go **** yourself.
Docsafi, you're a f*cking moron, plain and simple!
Old 04-09-2005, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Thank You!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

928 GT Wheels

I have a set of the GT wheels (I think)!! The rears are 9" and the fronts are 7.5" with the air pressure monitor hole plugged. Are these wheels "Forged" as I have read or are they "Cast"?? I've got the 9's on the rears of my 86 S early. I also have 7.5" fronts but I choose to put 8" on the front. How can I verify that the wheels I got are really GT wheels. Do you have a part number I can get to verify.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNRFSC View Post
I have a set of the GT wheels (I think)!! The rears are 9" and the fronts are 7.5" with the air pressure monitor hole plugged. Are these wheels "Forged" as I have read or are they "Cast"?? I've got the 9's on the rears of my 86 S early. I also have 7.5" fronts but I choose to put 8" on the front. How can I verify that the wheels I got are really GT wheels. Do you have a part number I can get to verify.

Thanks
Those are cast, only the Club Sports (made by Fuchs) are forged. The fact that they have the air pressure monitor holes pretty much guarantees that they are GT wheels. Porsche was the 1st car company to use TPM in 1986 on the 959.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 07-15-2011, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

What are you asking for just the 9s?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: