Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Cars & Coffee Killer

Exclamation Fire Sale--'87 944S Parting Out

So it's come to this. My baby, my 1987 944S is being parted out as the result of an engine fire. It's just too expensive to fix. Just about everything under the hood other than the engine itself is gone. Everything else is being sold off. I have done no disassembly yet. Initially, I'm going to give priority to people who can make local pickups. I'm located in Bloomington, Illinois. Dead center middle of the state.

Need a part? PM me and we will work something out. I have all maintenance records for the vehicle, and will be happy to tell you anything about the car. I can take and send any pictures on request. I haven't figured out how to attach photos to PMs, so please send your e-mail address if you want any photos.

As for payment, I would prefer personal checks, cash, or money orders, but I can accept Paypal (trying to avoid those Paypal fees). My goal is to use the proceeds for this car to help save for a nice 951.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 05-02-2005, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Re: Fire Sale--'87 944S Parting Out

[QUOTE]Originally posted by legion
[B]So it's come to this. My baby, my 1987 944S is being parted out as the result of an engine fire. It's just too expensive to fix. Just about everything under the hood other than the engine itself is gone. Everything else is being sold off. I have done no disassembly yet. Initially, I'm going to give priority to people who can make local pickups. I'm located in Bloomington, Illinois. Dead center middle of the state.

Legion;

You have a PM. I am in Springfield, IL and interested in your car.

Bill
Old 05-02-2005, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AznDrgn
how much would you want for the entire car? I have a friend who is looking to do a chevy 350 conversion.
'78 Porsche 924 NA- RIP
'89 Porsche 944 S2 - Parted

Looking for a nice 944S for a daily driver.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Bill, I will call you tonight.

AznDrgn, you have a PM.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE]Originally posted by legion
[B]Bill, I will call you tonight.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bill
Old 05-03-2005, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

I wanted to clarify something. I've talked with several of you. I think some people have been turned off by my asking prices. Please make an offer! I won't be offended, I may not accept the offer, but I won't berate you. Besides, I'm just trying to get the best prices I can for me. (All proceeds from sales go into my 951 fund.) With an offer on the table, I at least have something with which to evaluate my asking prices.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

PM'ed ya!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: