Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to iobound
Heads Up on bad seller: Albert Broadfoot Racing

On 12/20 I paid $529 to Albert Broadfoot of Jacksonville Florida for a new exhaust with a promise of next day shipping. Over a month later I have no exhaust, no tracking info, and no refund. They never even contacted me to offer an excuse or respond to my many inquiries until this past week, when paypal froze their accounts.

On 1/19 paypal ruled in my favor against Broadfoot. They were ruled to be completely at fault. Paypal was able to recover $175 which they put into my account on 1/20. But I'm still out $354.

Broadfoot has other negative eBay feedback to which I will be adding my .02c. The first time in over 186 transactions that I've had to leave negative feedback. Avoid these guys like the plague.
1988 944 NA w/4valve S motor (Daily Driver)
1992 965 Coupe 3.4 Liter, webers, GE60 (Garage Queen)
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
2002 Barbie Electric Kids Jeep
Old 01-21-2006, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

, Maybe it can be found on Lindsey racing? The exhaust that is
85 325e BMW T-boned R.I.P.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm re-starting my search for the right exhaust. I'll give Lindsey Racing a ring. I was thinking of using them for machine work on my crank and heads.

Thanks!
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
Old 01-22-2006, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to kinderrich
I also had a bad time with broadfoot, it took two months to get some SS brake lines, but at least I got them, on the other hand I live in OKC and have been to Lindsey Racing several times. They have been perfect evey time. Both with parts and customer service.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was "on the list" to get on of their AC delete brackets for over two months, I got tired of waiting and ordered the factory bracket.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Slow might have been ok if they had just kept me in the loop. But I got ZERO response from them for almost 30 days. No response to my calls, no response to my emails. no nothing.
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

WOW, I just realized how luck I was!! I called them to get the A/C delete bracket and SS fuel line kit for my S2 and they blew me off, and ignored my e-mail's till I went with a factory bracket also. She said she would paypal me an invoice then when I paid she would ship them. But the invoice never came, must have been about when Paypal froze their account. Just dodged that bullet, it seems!

James
89 944 S2
Old 01-23-2006, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

darn shame that stuff like that happens, I have had good experience with them, although had to wait forever on some stuff. Decided to either do it myself or get it from some one else.

I hate paying more than fair retail on something anyway.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/x3m944/2.jpg
Old 01-26-2006, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Lindsey Racing is an excellent company. We've sold a few of their kits over the years & have always been impressed by the quality & service.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

What is the ebay id of this seller so I know to stay away from? I just started to buy things for the 944 and want to make sure I stay away from this person.

Thor455400's wife
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
I also was held up for 3 months on an exhaust from broadfoot racing. But they did come through. I left negative feedback, at that time they only had a couple of negative feedback!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

I have used Broadfoot parts on my track cars for years and have known him for over 20 years. Albert is a perfectionist, a craftsman and an artist. he works alone, a one man shop, that has been the the only way that he has maintained quality of the parts that he has designed and built. Yes, he can be hard to reach, but if stops every time the phone rings, nothing would get finished. His wife of 15 years Kelli (who use to take the calls) recently took her dream job in the aeronautics industry, but she still returns call if there is a message & phone number and it is not too late every day. Albert isn't the only one in the Porsche Racing field who is hard to reach at times, there are several "one man shops" who are like this, the one who I had to use to get the rebuild kit for my Weber 46s doesn't even post a phone #, you have to fax him if you aren't already a customer. As I stated I have Broadfoot parts on my track cars, he built the engine in my 911 cab and is building a custom exhaust and installing a few other goodies on my 924S, do I expect it overnight, no, but anything worth having is worth waiting for.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

It's good to hear something positive about Broadfoot. He's probably a decent guy. But I clearly got ripped off by him on this transaction. It's now 2/7 which is about 45 days since I paid him $529. I have no exhaust and he still owes me $354. There is NO excuse for that.
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

broadfoot

i do not want to pro or con in this
but have done business with them
all with good results
what the draw back is a few items that you asume they make are out sourced from other vendors
and if the vendors cant supply you are stuck
this is a chance you take playing that game
but as above post says,, they are very nice people
Old 02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Well all I can say is delays kill a biz, as do poor customer service.

Spoke to Albert at length about getting engines rebuilt for boost, non-turbo using forged pistons, head with stainless valves, etc... problem is they have so much local buisness that they have to "fit things in" around that work.

Their shop is only so big.

They could double the size and still be hounded with buisness.

I wanted to take my car up. I am in Florida, so I can go to the shop if I have a problem, but I would rather avoid the problem.

Fantastic parts, but waiting and delays would not make me happy.

I hope they get straightened out. They are or at least seem to be good people just in over their head on the store front side of things.

Last edited by x3m944; 02-17-2006 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

It's 2/11 and I have no part and no refund so it calls into question just how "good" they are. They've dealt with me unethically and have made no attempt to fix their mistake. I don't call that "Good People". We shouldn't make excuses for simple crooks. I feel no different if they mugged me on the street.
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
Old 02-11-2006, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Not making excuses, just speaking from my personal experience.

What have they promissed you since you brought the problem to their attention and what are they delivering? A partial refund and ....
Old 02-11-2006, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Broadfoot

I recently purchased a 2.8L longblock from Broadfoot. I was not very comfortable, as they had been hard to get on the phone and were very late with the engine. I missed two races because of the late engine and non returned phone calls. But they seemed to be the experts on 2.8L 944 T engines, so I stuck with them.

I hadn't received any break in recommendations, so I planned to run the engine at 4,000 rpm for 30 minutes, 4,500 for 30, etc.

Well, it lasted 15 minutes at 4,000 rpm and locked up. I called Broadfoot for three days, no response. I wanted to take the entire car to them, but I had limited time before our next race and couldn't reach anyone on the phone or email. I finally took the car to Foreign Affairs to build a new engine as I didn't want to miss anymore races.

They (at Foreign Affairs) took the oil pan off the Broadfoot engine and said that the bearings were the wrong size for the crank and the supposed knife edged crank looked to have been balanced with a die grinder and would have shaken itself apart.

Once I had started on the new engine, Albert finally called back and blamed me for the engine problem and offered to rebuild their engine. I declined and have shipped the engine back to them. This was not easy, since they don't post an address on their website.

We didn't want to take their engine apart, but what we could see from pulling the oil pan was scary.

I reversed charges and they are fighting the reversal, saying that they clearly don't warrantee race engines, something they added to their website since I purchased my engine.

I realize s*&t happens with race engines. But at 4,000 rpm with no overheating and normal oil pressure?

But they don't answer the phone, are late with everything, won't give out their physical address and (at least in my case), put stuff in a race engine that wouldn't last 15 mintues in a street engine.

caveat empere
Old 02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Hi x3m944, for over a month neither Kelli nor Albert communicated with me in any way. This week I received my first email from Broadfoot himself. He said he would send out a new exhaust to me and promised it would go out that day. Needless to say I still have no exhaust, and no tracking number. I'd bet you and anyone $100 that I don't get my exhaust by Friday COB.

Hi racersnotdogs, sorry to hear your story. Definately worse than mine. Good Luck!
1998 Volvo V70 Wagon
Old 02-16-2006, 03:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Those stories suck. Man oh man.

Well I don't do buisness that way, damn shame.

Well if I was in that boat I would drive up and talk to someone.

I wouldn't wait for jack s--- to ship. But I am in Florida so...

Speaking of which... racersnotdogs/Bob - in Orlando eh?

Interesting... might have to get together sometime... once I get the old 44 back on the road. You can get a look at the little beast.

If nothing else we could meet up. What you into car wise, cruising, driving, which races> cup?

Caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware. (He buys at his own risk)

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui -

Last edited by x3m944; 02-16-2006 at 04:06 AM..
Old 02-16-2006, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: