Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Forsale 86' 944 Turbo Complete Engine 17k miles From New Verified

Forsale as removed from my 86' 944 Turbo to replace with full race engine. Complete Engine (with wiring harness and K26 Turbo) except for flywheel/clutch, intercooler and wastegate. This engine has verified mileage of 17k from new. A hot leakdown and compression test was performed by Steinel's Autowerks, Twinsburg OH. prior to removal, all cylinders showed leakdown of less than 4% and compression of 140-145 PSI. The following maintenance has been completed in the last 12 months: installation of Wide Fire Head Gasket, all timing belts and rollers replaced, water pump inspected. The rod bearings were replaced at 13k miles. I have invoices to verify all of the above including a recent oil analysis stating no questionable metal or coolant in the oil sample.

The car this engine came from was/is used as an occassional summer car on the street with a few DE/club race events each season.

This engine is turnkey and ready for installation for either street or track use.

Price is $2750 OBO plus shipping, please email me at josephfawsitt@sbcglobal.net or call Joseph Fawsitt @ 440-376-7037

Last edited by jfawsitt; 03-27-2006 at 04:17 PM..
Old 03-12-2006, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The engine is still available and is the real deal. Not a scam as some poeple have suggested who called me about it. Serious enquires are welcome.

Joseph Fawsitt
Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Turbo

You have a PM
Old 03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

What happened?

Did you send the papers of this doucumentation to my email ?

I will have to pass on the offer if you can not produce the copy of compression test and leak down.

I requested a photo of the car and of the odometer of 17K miles on an 1986 !

I am skeptical about the claim.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Everyone who emailed me about the engine received a reply, that the engine sold at the asking price the week before last. As for your skepticism, the new owner was satisfied as is Eric Steinel, who's shop removed the engine and his reputation is well known to this board.

JF
Old 04-09-2006, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Looks clean.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: