Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1977 924 For Sale

Things I have completed.
Replaced cracked dash cover. This one still has some small cracks at the corners but nothing like the one it replaced. You can hardly notice them.
Fixed all the guage lights
Replaced rear side markers and licence plate lights.
Replaced broken radio antena. Nice chrome manual ariel now.
Pulled the seats and sealed the floors. My guess was that the battery box was leaking. You can tell it was repaired.
I also sealed the battery box area with undercoating. I do not like leaving the metal exposed. It will just rust and leak again.
I fixed the leak at the sunroof. I think... I will know soon. It is supposted to rain this week. (all week :-( )
Replaced two wheels/tires. One had curb damage to the wheel and a chunk out of the tire. Had to replace as a pair to keep tire sizes the same.
Put in new ignition wires. Old ones were cracked and shorting.
Changed oil!
Inspected and replaced one set of the front pads. (put in good used pads).
Replaced missing dash plugs and screw covers.
Replaced missing drivers door stop.
Replaced drivers side door switch. Key in ignition chime was not working... now it does.
Replacing the fuel pump relay and the thermal fan switch, head light relay, brand new brake shoes this week. Also might dye a leather rear seat and put it in. The other one is not damaged but slightly pulled up from the floor. If I can not reseat it I will go the leather route.

Sanded and sealed rust on the front drivers fender. (Vince has a free fender for some one willing to pick it up.)

Cut and replaced some muffler pipes.

Car runs, stops, shifts and rides nice for an old girl. Engine is very smooth.

Miles are unknown. Odometer is broken of course. I saw the old title. It had three different mileages on it. Suffice it to say it is over 100K and actual mileage is unknown.

So... anyway I have decided that I really wanted a 69 Charger and have done my duty to save this old girl from the scrap yard.

Anyone interested in her for $1500. Considering the amount of time I have spent on her and the parts I have put in. (New and used) I think a fair price of $1500 is called for. (Also have to pay fee to get title in my name... just to give it to some one else) This is not pie in the sky money. (For $1650 I will throw in a set of 15 inch spiderweb alloy wheels)

Anyone interested?

Oh the interior is practically mint other than the drivers door panel, The top just will not sit properly. It looks ok from the inside but as you open the door you can see it is not on right.

The only other issue that I can come up with is a squeeky idler pulley. The one that adjusts tension on the alternator and water pump belt. My 1982 did that for years before I replaced it. Oh and of course some minor rust here and there. Most of it I already put some touch up paint on.

Car is located in Londonderry NH.

If you want pictures just e-mail me.

Eric
eturbo924@yahoo.com
Old 05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: