Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

tw: 85.5 944 n/a 5 speed

Just seeing what I might get from this car. Here's the car in a nutshell:

standard 85.5 n/a 944 5speed.

interior:
cloth sport script seats, overall clean interior. new ebay special steering wheel, guages just cleaned up/inspected/replaced odometer gear, blue LED dash lights, climate control WORKS, although a/c isn't charged, rear hatch leaks a little like usual, pioneer cd player, 4 new eclipse 4X6 speakers, new cassette tray/lid. New Schnell short shifter, although the shift lever is worn out as usual, so there is play. Sunroof is just fine, but it only latches down on one side. It looks like the passenger's side 'catch' is wore out on the lid.

exterior:
Paint is suprisingly nice! Towards the upper rear panels it is sun-cracked, no rust at all, battery tray is perfect, but the lower part of the car has a decent amount of rock chips. The front is the ugly part. I replaced the center nose. The headlight motor tested out fine, all lights work, but the fuse is pulled for the motor. I was told $200 bucks will have the frame work done and the body panels all lined up ready for a little paint. The fog light lens' are popped. $30 each.

suspension:
So so. Stock, functions fine, but you can tell it's 20+ years old. Steering is nice and tight.

Engine:
There's a connecting rod hanging out of the oil pan. MAYBE the block is good, but I know for sure the head is fine. Other than that, I traced all wiring in this car thoroughly from a previous battery drain, replaced the battery and cleaned up all connections. You won't find any electrical demons in this baby anymore. I just had all the front seals/belts/rollers replaced 3500 miles ago, although that probably doesn't matter. New cap, rotor, Jacobs wires, NGK plugs. I even ran Amsoil 20/50 in it. The transaxle was just serviced at time of front end service. Also fresh front end alignment.

Overall the car doesn't need all that much more to make it in life. I'm just really pushed to my patience limits from fixing it all up and then having the engine go.

I HAVE ALL SORTS OF MISCELLANEOUS PARTS HERE AND THERE THAT WILL GO WITH THE CAR.

Make me an offer. I don't have time for parting it out, so you buy it to part out or fix up yourself. Thanks.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3043/elisdn1.jpg
Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3043/elisdn1.jpg
Old 09-08-2006, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: