Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1987 Trackday/DE 924s FS

I purchased this car this spring, and loved it, so much that I want to go spec 944 racing. To that end the car has been gutted, cat removed, & Lexan side windows put in. Unfortunately I've recently learned that the .5mm overbore that the car had as part of a 4K motor rebuild is illegal in spec 944. I've decided to go out and look for a built car instead of pulling the motor and finishing the build on the 924S. Therefore the 924S has to go. The car has no issues, and has run fawlessly for me through the summer. It's now down to 2,350 lbs, and is quite fun to drive in autocross or trackday events. Due the 924/944's spectacular balance/handling, it is very quick, while still being easy on tires & brakes - great budget racer. While it still has plates and a current street regitration, it's has no cat and is therefore not technically street legal. Very solid car, very tight, no rust. The car has a 3" stack of records and receipts from the prior 2 owners - Highlights:

$4k+ motor rebuild at 137,000 miles (chassis has 173K miles). New susp. bushing and Koni yellow struts put in around that time.
New water pump last year.
Slotted, cryo treated rotors & HP + pads this year.

I will sell the car for $4,000 with stock seats & steering wheel (not pictured)
The Recaro SPG seats, Momo steering wheel & Sabelt Harnesses cost me a bundle, so I would like to keep them, but would consider selling that as as package for $1750 (seats alone cost me more)

The car will be at the October NASA event at Road America.
I will store the car indoors over the winter for free if needed.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump

Offers?
2015 NASA Eastern Champs 2nd place in ST2 "Franken44"
Old 10-18-2006, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Car ran flawlessly at Road America, but will need new brakes - $3,500 as is, or I will redo the brakes.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Ran better times than all the Spec Miatas, and both 944's in the race group, with a passenger on board - strong car - buy me!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: