Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Parting complete 81 931

I am parting out a complete and running 81 924 turbo. The car fires right up, pulls ok with no strange and unwanted sounds. Turbo seems pretty fresh, little to no play, not leaking oil. Have not pulled motor yet to get a really good look at everything but no major leaks are present at the oil lines or main seals. It does have over 100K on it so 'sold as is' will be the policy.

Body panels are pretty straight, no rust that I can find. Front lower valance is bent (typical) and the passenger fender has a few pings in it that should be simple to fix. Sans those minor issues the sheet metal is solid. I don't mind using the cut off wheel and/or sawzall so if you need sheet metal for a repair don't be affraid to ask. The carcass will be crushed when it is all said and done, less to crush the better.

Black interior is in decent shape minus the usual dash cracks and seat splits. Has a nice ABS dash cover. Carpet needs to be cleaned but appears to be in usable condition, and would be nice if it was given a quick re-dye. Rear seat is in good shape.

Car also has these funky wheels (5 lug) if anyone is looking for something a little out of the norm for these cars. They are all straight and rash free, tires are shot.

In case you are wondering why I am parting it out...simple, because I have two really nice 931's, one of which needed new scripted door panels, and rear interior quarters after changing the interior from brown to black. This car had what I needed, and was coveniently located close to a business trip destination anyway so I grabbed it and lugged it home. Yes my wife of 22 years thinks I'm nuts too, but who's doesn't right?

Pricing will be handled individually, but rest assured I am a very reasonable person and the more you get the better the deal. For instance I expect to get no less than $750 for the engine, and $250 for the trans, buy them both and I'll let it go for $900. Fenders $100 each, buy them both $150, add to that the vented nose panel $250 ($150 min. if purchased seperately).

And when I say engine I mean from the oil pan to the oil filler cap including intake and exhaust manifolds, charge pipes, turbo, a complete bolt in replacement or conversion. If you need things for a conversion from NA to turbo even better, I'll practically give away the rest of the misc stuff you need to do the whole thing like the exhaust, wastegate, CIS, stuff like that. What I am after are those few parts I took off and to recoupe some of my transport/purchase expenses, and to get this thing out of here.

So I guess PM or email if you are interested in anything from this car. I will give it a week on the boards before I go to Ebay with it. Sorry for the long winded post, but the more info the better. My objective is to get this thing out of here as soon as possible. The longer it stays in the garage, the longer my other two have to sit outside, which they have never done before.

Last edited by NEMESIS924; 11-22-2006 at 03:58 AM..
Old 11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You have a PM
Old 11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Replied.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I am interested in parts, pm sent
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

PM sent on engine

PM Sent on engine.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Vented nose panel and hood sold.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

ttt
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Engine and Trans Sold

I do have another good complete spare 931 head I can sell if someone wants it for $250 plus shipping.

Also have spare 88 924S trans (higher 5th gear) and a very good G-31 trans to sell. I want to sell those for $350 each plus shipping.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: