Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: 924S Track-Day Car

The new year is here, buy youself a track-day car!

The 924S is back up FS, now after having some work done to clean out the interior, and a lower price!

I purchased the car last spring, and loved it, so much that I want to go spec 944 racing. To that end the car has been gutted & cat removed. Unfortunately I've recently learned that the .5mm overbore that the car had as part of a $4K motor rebuild is illegal in spec 944. I've now gone out a bought a fully built spec 944 race car, so the 924S has to go. The car would be legal in TT, GTS, 944 Challenge/Cup, PCA/POC. The car has run fawlessly for me through last season, and I just took it out again last week -running strong. It's now down to 2,350 lbs, and is quite fun to drive in autocross or trackday events. Due the 924/944's spectacular balance/handling, it is very quick, while still being easy on tires & brakes - great budget racer. While it still has plates and a current street registration, it's has no cat or DOT seat belts and is therefore not technically street legal (these could be put back in). The car has a 3" stack of records and receipts from the prior 2 owners - Highlights:

$4k+ motor rebuild at 137,000 miles (chassis has 173K miles). New susp. bushings and Koni yellow struts put in around that time.
New water pump last year.

The bad: gas tank has hairline crack on the top - does not leak, but can smell gas if you top it off. I have a replacement tank available to me. Otherwise, just put in a fuel cell & cage & go racing!

New price $3,500 OBO for the basic car with stock seats, steering wheel & OEM belts put back in. Race seat(s), Momo steering wheel & Sabelt racing harness(es) availble as "options"

Track-day video here: http://video.google.com/videop...hl=en The compression seems to have made the video pretty pixelated. Original is great but lke 230 megabytes. If you save it and shrink the window, it's not so bad. I need to learn how to do codec

I will be driving from Illinois to Colorado next week and could delliver the car along I-80 between here and there.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: