Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest help! head work pp etc...

I am looking for a 944 head maybe a turbo head upgrade or a p&p head, as my timing belt broke and destroyed my valves the other day. or if anyone knows how or where to get a good port and polish for cheap. also whats the best way to port and polish the intake? Thanks for the help!!! also whats the best valve springs to use and where do i get them? lindsey racing does a nice job but theyre insanely expensive aka i dont have 4000 to spend on head work!! thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Porsche Crest 944 head

I just bought one with some big buck springs and retainers.The lifters removed looked new.I'm taking it to the machine shop Monday to have it checked.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I havent heard of big buck springs do they have a website? are you selling that head?
Old 06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
NA springs can be found here or LR/Paragon. NA springs are double the price of 951 springs! Some of us are using Turbo springs for this reason. They work and are just a tad stiffer than NA.

P/P is another animal. Cost goes up due to the labor and flow testing, to get it correct that is. Polishing the intake ia very hard thing to do internally but match porting is fairly EZ, but it takes more time and money to get it right as well.

Dal
Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche Crest 944 head

The head was from a well prepared 944 race car.The valves appear almost new.Springs and retainers as well.I want to check the plane,guides and check for cracks.Since I bought it used I have to be sure.It has some really nice parts.It's entirely too much work to install a bad head.I also have other bare heads for sale.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

let me know how it turns out im definately interested in a nice performance head was it p&p ? can you send me some pictures cquik84@msn.com
Old 06-03-2007, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

talk to the guys at motorsports here in salt lake city. they had ported heads on the shelf ready to go a while back. 801-487-6733.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Porsche Crest 944 head

Thanks for the last response "Grumpy"
Old 06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: