Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB OEM (non-replica) 17" C2 Turbo or 993 Cups for 968

I am looking for a full set of C2 Turbo or 993 Cup wheels for my 968.

I am not looking for replica wheels, but OEM wheels in stock sizes: 7.5x17 front and 9x17 rear.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Contact James Koss through his business (he is always working)
http://www.thebackstore.net/

He had a very, very nice set with brand new tires.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4lawyer View Post
I am looking for a full set of C2 Turbo or 993 Cup wheels for my 968.

I am not looking for replica wheels, but OEM wheels in stock sizes: 7.5x17 front and 9x17 rear.
OEM is 7" and 9".
7.5" is most likely a replica.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
I have a set for sale......PM ME if interested.. details here...

17" Cup 2s Wheels FOR SALE
Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Nile 13: For 968's it really is 7.5" wide for the fronts on the 17" wheel option, at least as far as official Porsche literature goes. This is 100% confirmed for the C2 Turbo wheels, however, I have not done the research on the 993 Cup specifics, but have other's confirming that 7.5" is right for those as well.

FTY: Thanks for the reference. The offset on those wheels wont allow them to work on my 968. I have not looked into the use of spacers, but I am trying to maintain OE spec as much as possible (other than potentially putting C2 Turbo wheels on a '95 968, which was not an option at that time.... 94 and 95 968s ran 993 Cup wheels in 94 and 95 and C2 Turbos prior to that). Still, thanks for the lead.

RacerBVD: Thanks for the lead. I'll follow it up.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

S4lawyer, the Cup 2 wheels on 993 are 7" and 9". I have a 993 and two sets of these wheels. They are 55 offset both front and rear, if that's important.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

S4lawyer, fty's wheels will definitely fit on a 968, not sure who is telling you that 55 offset will not fit??
Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks guys, but I really am looking for a set with 7.5's up front. Porsche literature is clear that the 17" wheel option for the 968 (for all models.. I double checked a few resources) was 7.5 front and 9 rear.

Offset for the rear wheels was 55, but offset for the front on a 968 is not 55. Perhaps they will fit, and I have no doubt that they might (with spacers or whatever), but I am looking to keep the car as stock as possible. I have no doubt also that the "993 Cup" wheel on an actual 993 was 7 front and 9 rear.... but the "993 Cup" on the 968 was 7.5 front and 9 rear.... and that's what I'm looking for. Any person seriously into 968's will know this and ding my car for the discrepancy if I try to resell it.... so why load a bunch of money into wheels and tires that wont both improve the resale AND look better/improve handling (if not acceleration... since the C2 Turbos and 993 Cups are both heavier than the Cup 16s that I have on the car now).

Thanks again for the leads, and I mean no disrespect, but that's what I'm looking for. So if you have leads, please let me know.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4lawyer View Post
Thanks guys, but I really am looking for a set with 7.5's up front. Porsche literature is clear that the 17" wheel option for the 968 (for all models.. I double checked a few resources) was 7.5 front and 9 rear.

Offset for the rear wheels was 55, but offset for the front on a 968 is not 55. Perhaps they will fit, and I have no doubt that they might (with spacers or whatever), but I am looking to keep the car as stock as possible. I have no doubt also that the "993 Cup" wheel on an actual 993 was 7 front and 9 rear.... but the "993 Cup" on the 968 was 7.5 front and 9 rear.... and that's what I'm looking for. Any person seriously into 968's will know this and ding my car for the discrepancy if I try to resell it.... so why load a bunch of money into wheels and tires that wont both improve the resale AND look better/improve handling (if not acceleration... since the C2 Turbos and 993 Cups are both heavier than the Cup 16s that I have on the car now).

Thanks again for the leads, and I mean no disrespect, but that's what I'm looking for. So if you have leads, please let me know.

Yep, the 993 style 7.5 was a factory wheel, I had a pair, sorry, but they are long gone

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

S4lawyer, thanks for the clarification!

I've seen 7.5" Cups in PET, but never seen them in real life as I'm a 993 owner and hang out with the airheads Interestingly, the non-OEM italian replica sets I've seen mostly are 7.5" and 9" with offsets in 52 range.

Good luck with the search! I think you'll find them sooner or later.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: