Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Custom 944 Project for sale, offers etc., what have you.

Hey guys,

I had posted this car and some photos of the project a while back, when I had more time to persue the project . The intention was to finish the front end conversion, and offer the 944 community the kit components as a prefab bolt on mod, which is still an option, but unfortunatly due to various reasons: a potential partner who backed out, financial need, etc. it hasn't transpired as of yet. the photos show the 1988 944 na car and the nearly completed 997 front end mod, as well as the current wheels and tires, and a photo of the additional rear and side body mods (as yet, not started physically, but shown in mock up state, with patterns) which could be completed to finish the whole body makeover.

I am looking for someone who might have an interest in buying the vehicle as is, or in a partially completed state, or completed state, or as any variation of the two, which can be worked out.

Whoever ends up with this completed ride, beware ,its sure to turn heads and get lots of interest.

The car has about 170,000 on the clock, and runs well (although it hasn't been driven on the road for quite some time ,due to a broken, plastic radiator fan support,which occured in my driveway during one of the monthly engine runs). The trans in in great shape, and the car is overall very nice, with the typical 944 issues, sunroof gear, ac not cold, torn driver seat, dash crack, and such, but this car has not been wrecked or trashed. A porsche mechanic inspected it and listened to it run, a year and a half ago ( it has hardly been driven since,just started to keep it in shape) and he thought it ran perfectly fine, and commentented on the well kept engine and overall condition.

If you, or anyone you know, might be interested please contact me asap.the car is located in central /coastal Oregon.

*I am not interested in parting it, unless someone wanted the complete drivetrain and wheels, or more, and was willing to pull it themselves.

Click on images to enlarge.

More photos in original post (1/2 way down thread) here=
All new front end conversion body kit!!!

pm for contact, or if you prefer, call 541 607-5707 for additional info.

Thanks, joe

Last edited by j.collins; 03-03-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump...! Must sell ! ASAP. $1000.00 for the whole car, less wheels and tires.
$1600.00 whole car,with wheels and tires included.

This is a perfectly good vehicle, with a good trans and great running motor!

Call 541-607-5707, if busy try again later, and leave a message and ph#, or send a pm.

I'm taking a loss, but I need to move on.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
Well few things:

Where are you located?
Is it running?
Does it drive?
What size wheels?
How about pictures of the car, including engine & interior?
What options on the car?
When was the last time the wp, belts, roller, clutch were all done? Receipts of work?
Do you have the orignal body parts?
Do you have the title and is it clear?

Pictures are pretty small, could use some better ones.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

FWIW, Some bigger pictures of front...

All new front end conversion body kit!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Some of the questions asked, are answered in the post above, please re-read, I will clarify.

1. Located in Eugene, Oregon.

2. Yes its running very well, actually 178,000 mi. I have coil etc. and will re-install before sale.
( but the plastic radiator (dual) fan needs to be repaired, there is a crack in one of the plastic support arms which center the fan in the unit, thus it rubs on housing itself , and makes noise.)
I can fix it also, before sale.

3. Yes it drives very nice.

4. Millie Miglia wheels- 225 40 18 Essenza type r, up front, Brand new!
265 35 ZR 18 Dunlop, out back, 70% tread good.

5.Pictures above will enlarge when clicked,and I added more.

6.AC works (needs recharge), power driver seat,works (needs recovering),sunroof(needs plastic gear,works intermittently)
additional options see dash photo, or ask more specifically,I do not know them all.

7.I bought the car 3.5 years ago,and only have driven it 2000 mi. or so.

work I have had done -

brand new windshield ( old one had crack)
plugs
oil and filter ,
air filter,
fuel filter,
new cat and o2 sensor, to pass smog and obtain cert,
one heater relay,

The car was purchased without any other maintenance paperwork.

8. I do not have any of the removed front end components.

9. I own it ,and title is clear,but reg. is 2 years old.

10. Interior is in good condition ,and cleans up real nice,(dusty from sitting and needs vacuum)

11. Front seats are ripped on lower areas, the typical spots, and dash has a few typical cracks, but no monsters.

12.The balance of the interior is very good to excellent ,and its all there.

13.As far as the conversion, it includes an authentic 997 front bumper cover as shown in black,with brand new side markers and directional/fogs.as shown, and all aluminum fabbed bracing and supports ,which attatch it to the car very nicely.

***14.The car is being sold as is for the price listed, But, if you want me to complete the 40 hrs. of additional fab. and small amount of f.glass work, and paint the bumper guards red to match the car, the price goes up to 4k.

I think that covers it.

Thanks , J.
please call ph. # in original post above for more info.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: