Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

For Sale - 1987 924S

$3,000 - 1987 924S

Pictures and my contact info may be found here:
http://homepage.mac.com/matt_j/924S.htm

I forgot to bring the VIN number with me to work so I'll post that later along with more pictures this afternoon! Please try and reach me by email or PM first; I will be able to respond more quickly than by phone.

I have owned the car since August 2004. Included are all records relating to the car I have accumulated, and various pictures throughout the last four years. Current mileage is 174,XXX. Leak down is at 1-2% on all cylinders. Registration is good through 3/09, and the car passed WA emissions with no problems in February of this year. The paint, interior and body are in nice shape. The car is nice and has been my daily driver for the past four years; last year I drove it to Seattle from Texas without any worries. There are a few small issues - the defroster vent does not work (have part, was waiting for a time when the dash was off to install), the clock does not work, and I don't think the windshield washer works. The dash has cracks. The cruise control needs a bracket to attach the cable to the accelerator pedal, and I have a standard (non-cruise) turn signal switch available if you would rather delete the item. Options are fairly standard for the model, with stock front and rear sway bars.

I hate to see it go; I am selling due to a lack of time these days.

Major service accomplished:
April 2008 - Replaced timing and balance shaft belt, inspected rollers and water pump. New fuel pump check valve
January 2008 - New ignition wires, intake manifold gaskets
November 2007 - New clutch master, slave, clutch hose, flushed fluid
June 2007 - New power steering hoses and reservoir, speedometer cable
May 2007 - Rebuilt Air Conditioning - new drier, o-rings, vacuumed and recharged freon, new rear shocks, misc. interior bits, hood struts. Performed leak-down test.
November 2006 - Rebuilt DME (engine computer)
October 2006 - Replaced rear brake calipers, pads
July 2006 - Replaced clutch, resleeved shift rod in console
March 2006 - Rebuilt power steering rack
February 2006 - New door handle (left side)
October 2005 - Replaced timing belt and balance shaft belt rollers, replaced o-rings at front of engine
March 2005 - New tires
February 2005 - Rebuilt alternator
December 2004 - New crankshaft position sensors (Speed / Reference)
October 2004 - New timing and balance shaft belts, new water pump
September 2004 - Rebuilt head, replaced valves, valve seats. New head gasket, camshaft assembly gasket. All vacuum lines replaced. New injector seals.

Last edited by Scuba Steve; 05-02-2008 at 06:46 AM..
Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I posted tons more pictures and close-ups on the link above. Here is the VIN:

VIN NUMBER WP0AA0924HN453249
Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
HI steve nice car i wish you were on this side of the country i would buy now...sorry ...you should have no problem selling that beauty ....
Old 05-03-2008, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911paige View Post
HI steve nice car i wish you were on this side of the country i would buy now...sorry ...you should have no problem selling that beauty ....
Thanks for the kind words! I'm moving to Texas soon, but would prefer to sell it in WA. It's company-provided relocation so it will cost me nothing to move. So if there's anyone in Texas who is interested and wouldn't mind waiting a month...

And i can answer any questions about the car, what I know of its past, ... pretty much anything if asked. I grew up with the previous owner so I have some idea about the past 10 years of its history anyway + what he told me about the owner before him.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: