Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB 924 clutch bell housing

I am looking for a 924 clutch bell housing for a project of mine.
Does anyone have one on the cheap.
Or better yet if anyone that lives in or around central Ohio has one that I could look at to make sure it will work for my application that would be awesome.
Maybe even some nice clear shots of one would be good as well.

Thanks for the help
Bill
Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
PM Sent.

What are you trying to do?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I am putting an Audi 3.6 V8 in a rear drive rabbit project of mine.
I plan to use some type of torque tube arrangement much like all the front engine rear trans Porsches.
The trans I have will bolt to the trans bellhousing and the rumor is that the early 924 clutch bell housings will bolt to the Audi V8.
If this is the case then I will just use a whole Porsch torque tube and bell housings rather than build all of my own stuff from scratch.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

heres one 924s
Old 05-04-2008, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well I am still on the lookout for the housing but I think I may need a 924 turbo housing.
Can anyone tell me if the 924 turbo and the 924 have the same bolt pattern?

If not then I will need the 924 turbo bell.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bolt pattern, yes, since the block is the same.

However, the turbo bellhousing is quite different behind that. The starter bolts in the opposite side of the flywheel, at the bottom rather than the side, and turns the opposite way (obviously). The clutch release lever is also completely different; it's cable-operated on the NA, and pushes forwards towards the engine like most release bearings, whereas on the turbo it's just like the 944 - hydraulically operated, pulls towards the rear of the car to release, and the release lever shaft must be pulled out of its bearings to remove the bellhousing.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

well I guess I didn't really think about the starter part so I will have to look into that.
But feel free to let me know if anyone has either one.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: