Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Hcarraro Send a message via Yahoo to Hcarraro
FS Factory 951 7JX16 and 9JX16 Rims

Hello every one,

I am selling two OEM 7JX16" and two 9JX16" Fuchs alloy rims for a 944 Turbo. These factory rims are extremely hard to find rims and are highly desirable by many because of the unique 7" front and 9" rear tire stagger. The the front ET is 65 while the rear ET is 80.

The rear rims are in very good condition, however there is curb rash on both front rims. See arrows indicating the damage. The rims are perfectly straight and true and aside from the curb rash, they are in very good condition especially when you consider they are almost 20 years old.

I am asking $1050 for the set of four, plus $80.00 in UPS Ground freight charges, shipped anywhere in the U.S.A.

Please email me at hcarraro@hughes.net if you are interested.

Thanks for looking.

Henry

Old 05-11-2008, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
HI i have the same rims on my 85 that i just bought the p.o told me these type rims on my car which are just like yours came off a 928 now i'm no expert but are they from a 928 or a 951 can you tell me please.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Turbo Rims

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I am helping a friend sell the rims. Perhaps other Pelicanites could share their knowledge with respect to this subject.

It looks like the part number is 951.362.115 on one of the spokes. And unless the 928s shared part numbers, the 951 prefix in the part number indicates a 944 Turbo.

I will do some more research on the rims today.

Henry

Old 05-12-2008, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

What he has are off of a 1988 944 turbo S. Which are fairly valuable to the right buyer. What you have on your 944 are 928 wheels they are different and aren't very valuable. The look kinda the same, but are completely different.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks Robert. You are absolutely correct. Thank you for your input. It is very much appreciated.

Subsequent to my reply earlier today, I asked my friend and he said basically the same thing that you said, i.e., these alloy rims although similar in style to earlier rims, were found on some 88 944 turbo S cars and I think he said on all 89 944 turbo S cars.

Glad we got some clarification. Thank you.

Henry
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcarraro View Post
Thanks Robert. You are absolutely correct. Thank you for your input. It is very much appreciated.

Subsequent to my reply earlier today, I asked my friend and he said basically the same thing that you said, i.e., these alloy rims although similar in style to earlier rims, were found on some 88 944 turbo S cars and I think he said on all 89 944 turbo S cars.

Glad we got some clarification. Thank you.

Henry

They came on ALL turbo "S" cars and all 89 951s. The design 90s which they look like are cast, not forged like these

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
thank you very much gents i asked the question because i really like them the p.o owner had told me that they came off a 928 if that's the case then i have some nice fakes but then again he works at a porsche dealership so maybe he was wrong about the car they came off i will check the backs when i clean them on the weekend thanks for all your help ....if i didn't just buy this car with the rims on it i would buy yours....thanks again
Old 05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911paige View Post
thank you very much gents i asked the question because i really like them the p.o owner had told me that they came off a 928 if that's the case then i have some nice fakes but then again he works at a porsche dealership so maybe he was wrong about the car they came off i will check the backs when i clean them on the weekend thanks for all your help ....if i didn't just buy this car with the rims on it i would buy yours....thanks again
Later 928S4s had these as well, but there was an 8X16 offered in the same forged wheel for that car. Look forward to hearing what you find.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Bump
Old 07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Yes, I can say without doubt these are 951 S wheels. I have seen them first hand, they are the real deal.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Still available.

Thanks for looking.

Henry
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Bump
Old 10-23-2008, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: