Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Physedfailure
Help me identify this hose...

Spent a bunch of hours my 87' 944S this sunday. Had a couple problems going on. Car was hesitante around 3000rpm and a hunting idle like the most of us. After car was warmed everyother light that I stopped at the car wanted to stall but has barely staying alive. The other light car perrrred like it was brand new.

So, first a took apart the AFM and saw some dead spots and some deep groves then adjusted so the wiper arm is now on a different track.

Next replace every vaccum line I could fine along with the "T's" that I got from Lindsey Racing.
In that process I was following this line that came from what I believe to be the fuel pressure regulator which is up front close to the nose next to the oil filter. See picture below. Its the little black thing in there.

That hose runs alll the way through the intake manifold to the center of the firewall and make a left (going towards the pass side) and ends right here where I capped it off.

Needless to say, the hesitation at 3000rpm is gone but the idle is still acting up. Hopefull this connects to something important that will fix the problem. If not, next step it Idle control valve and the TPS.

Thanks in advance...Sorry so long of a post but I'm kinda new...

08 Honda Ruckus
81 Targa SC
Old 06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
87' 951 with many mods!

isn't that the wiring harness
yet not sure
is it a hose or are there wires in it
Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
CASC # 06

Heater Valve

That is the vacuum actuator to open and close the valve that lets coolant from the head flow through the heater core. The fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure damper will be on the fuel rail on the intake side of the head. (look up fuel pressure regulator in the new parts and put it in your shopping basket. There will be a selection to look at the parts diagram from the shopping basket)

You may need to clean out the idle stabilization valve but it really should only affect idle and not transition from idle. The TPS is an easy check with a volt meter, just follow the manual. check the temperature sensor in the head as well. If it has failed then it will tell the computer the car is cold and overfuel. If you stop for a short period of time you are ok but if it is a long light the car will bog from being so rich.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon410021 View Post
isn't that the wiring harness
yet not sure
is it a hose or are there wires in it
Its not the hose my finger is pointing to. It is the hose that is capped with the screw. I just have my finger there to guide it so people can see where exactly it is routed...

08 Honda Ruckus
81 Targa SC
Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfourfast View Post
If you stop for a short period of time you are ok but if it is a long light the car will bog from being so rich.
the car begins to bog as soon as I come up to the light, wether long or short light...

08 Honda Ruckus
81 Targa SC
Old 06-03-2008, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: