Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Steering pump hardware???

I have a 87 n/a, after taking the belly pan off my car i found that the steering pump had been hanging by the tensioner. For some reason all the hardware is missing?

it must have some kind of weird screw or spacer in the front, i have the spacer for the rear of the pump. just need the spacer and the screw??? could anybody help with this. want to buy this stuff soon, thanks, josh
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Josh, I have the hardware. It' a stud with two nuts and a spacer. Ill get it in the mail today. You need to check and see if your stud Isn't broken inside the pump. These things don't back out by them self. But I've seen a few shear off. Brian
Old 09-09-2008, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
Actually you need to check the mounting bracket. The front arm has a tendency to break off. And if it has, then ditch the PS until it's time to do a belt change, cause that's the only way to replace that mounting bracket.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

ill check it out tonight, thanks, josh
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Alright, which one of you guys sent me the hardware? Thanks very much, was a very pleasant surprise and it completely solved the problem. I owe you one, Josh

Last edited by jkrustchinsky; 09-19-2008 at 08:18 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: