Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

968 Cab parts FS- and the tow home story.

Hey yall- Home safe and sound. Bought the 968 through a friends INS CO and won the bid. The only bad part is I bid on Friday with the intent on driving to Atlanta- 8hrs one way from Va.- on Sat but they did not except my bid. They informed me on Monday that they would take my bid, I am bound legally by it, and I have 24hrs to pick it up or they fine me $500 and 50 a day until I get it...

S$%T- Well I took off Tues and headed south at 6am- made great time - Bumpy Bumpy construction down 85S through SC but oh well. The trailer bounced more than a basketball during MBNA madness but I made it in 7hrs 30 mins. Fast Time. Loaded up in hour and a half and headed north- marithon day. At Spartainsburg in 4:45 traffic I got a bouncing trailer blow out in the fast lane at 75mph. As I threw alligators across 3 lanes suddenly everyone knew why I had my blinker on and a surge of fellowship allowed me to get over to the right lane.

I found a piece of land next to an on ramp- SC uses tons of land for on ramps so I had a football field to try and change the tire, only I have not had a tire changed in 12 years. The lug nuts were rusted on. With only my anger and a tire iron I manged to break 2 studs. Sometimes you do not know your own strength. Luckly after 1.5hrs I got all 5 lugs off and 3 back on. Luckly they were staggered.

I pushed on and when it got dark I stopped for gas and a snack. Hell I better check the lights - HOLY @#$%, none are working. I guess the bounce down south knocked all of the "working when I left" lights out. I had 2 1157bulbs in the glove box so all sould be well- NOT! ( not Nott but NOT)... Damn. It seems the running lights are an obscure bulb which noone has. I said screw it- I am not stopping till morning!!!! I bought 2 pen lights, 2 hose clamps, and tye wraps. I pushed and clamped the pen lights into the back of the tailight assy pointing at the lenses and wala... lights. They lasted until I got home 20hrs after I left... I hope it was worth it.

Here is the car- let me know what you guy may want, I know what I want to keep but $ talks. The Car has been nosed, light hit, only has 74K and had been a serviced car. I got the records. Interior is very nice- the pics I rinsed it off but have not cleaned the inside. I need NO interor stuff so it will all go. Seats are nice. Top exc. The Carpet is very very very nice. The dash top is cracked but that is it for the interior faults. The arm rest hinge is broke also. Mechnicals are all good. Windshield back is very nice.. Let me know, I am open to "come help me pull your part discounts" in the Notthaus garage- Cheers Mike

Vin- WPOCA2963NS840265- I cannot find options code in trunk- PM me or michael.nott@areva.com - I'll get back to you after work hours.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How much for the rear seats and the calipers
Old 09-15-2008, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Robert- do you mean the compartments or just the seat backs? I am going to ask $500 for all 4 calipers or OBO. They have been selling for $200 plus each but I would like to sell them all at once. IDEAS? - I am open to any sugestions- Mike
Old 09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

PM sent
Old 09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

What do you want for the top?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

What do you want for the mirrors and the door handles?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Mike, email sent. needed to verify correct paypal address. Cheers mate.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I'm wanting a price on just the compartments.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

968 cab top assembly

How much for the the top?
Thanks, Bill
Old 09-17-2008, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hi! Are the headlights clear and work if so I am interestwed, also do you have the tool kit I need the pliers if you have them, Thanks
Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Bumper

Hello, I sent you an email, but just in case you don't get it, I'm interested in the rear bumper cover for the black 968.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 09-18-2008, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hey Guys- I hope I have gotten back to you all. The only pieces that are not FS are the mirrors, spare tire, radio, and misc suspension pieces.

I drove the car last night and everyting is fine. The engine runs flawlessly and shifts clean, all gears great and no sounds, ticks or whines from anywhere. As I expected being low miles dealer serviced car. I am sking $1500 for the top as a complete assy, nothing missing. If anyone would want to trade thier bad top and some cash I will consider it- My cab has a new top but I would love to have spare parts for it.

Engine offers but thinking $2500, trans $1500. Motors are going around $3500 and trans non LSD are $2-2.5K But I'll listen to any reasonable offers. Let me know what you guys think is fair and we can work it out- Cheers, Mike
Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I would like a price on the door panels.
93 968 interior.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

968 Cab parts

Mike: You've got a PM. Charlie
Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

968 Parts

Mike
Sent em & pm on carpet & trans ??
Can we start an offsite conversation?
John
Understanding Wife...Most Times
Old 08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

What year is the car? im interested in the motor and maybe the transmission also.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

The original post is from 2008.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I have a cab top and I'm open to trades

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: