Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

PLEASE READ, If you wanna buy a part, please start your own tread...

I think some people need to read the bylaws and follow proper protocol when you want to buy parts. Ive got a cpl of ads that are WTB ads and seems like when someone offers me a part Ive asked for, a cpl of guys hurry and PM the prospective seller with offers to buy the very stuff Ive requested. Is this the way its suposed to go??? Its pretty clear to me that if you want to buy stuff, POST YOUR OWN AD!!!
Also, dont you think that honest guys tell me what has happened with the offers...? Anyone agree??
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
That's newbie's for you man.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No, not a newby. A regular poster...maybe seeing this he'll back off. Once more and I post the PM's from people he's contacted and even people he's bought my parts from.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TNT25169
I will agree with that, 99% of the time when someone responds to a WTB ad before me (usually I am lurking trying to sell my goods), I will not post because in my mind, it's wrong to try to steal business if someone else has said they have that part and will sell it for a certain price. I sell lots of parts on here but I also view this place as a wholesome community that has a lot to offer when I'm working on my car so I would hope people show the same respect I show others.

As for WTB ads, people should post their own and others shouldn't hi-jack threads. Just my 2 cents....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I agree.
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I agree, not cool. If the poster says not interested, then it's fair game. If the other buyer already has a WTB post, they should paste it into the post to show they're not being an a-hole.

Maybe we'll have to try this:

WTB: something for a porsche 944.
PM me so nobody hijacks it before me.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

No one should have to say 'PM me first so I dont lose the part Im trying to buy'. If I get my part, Ill post that I found what Im looking for and no longer need the thread, then its open season but if someone goes to the trouble to scour the net and when you cant locate an item needed and form and post a thread WTB, the thread should be considered property of the poster. When you come into my living room and pee on the floor, you dont get a big welcome party next time you visit. Its really a small world and its nice to be nice and courteous to others. It would be cool if someone says, 'hey, Im looking for one too after _____ finds their part' on any wtb thread but to PM a poster and say, 'sell it to me first' is not kewl. I want every person looking for parts to find them, just not taking them off my car. Thats all Im saying.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I cannot agree with you more! It ticks me off when others treat this site like it is Ebay. Seems to me if someone says they are going to sell something for a certain price...then sell it for that price, or the buyer and seller can PM each other with offers to come to agreement.
The other thing I have seen and hate is when you teller the WTB buyer, Yes I have that for you and someone else will PM them and undercut your price.

If you want an auction...get an Ebay account and go over there and do business.

All of us just need to keep our cars running, looking good and for a fair price when something is badly needed.
1987 944 Manual (Donated to the Nat. Kidney Foundation)
1987 944 Automatic (Recently sold to another Pelican)
Old 09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: