Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Parting 2 944's - Carpets, Airbag wheel, powder coated intake man. sport seat, & more

Both are 86 944's. The one had a complete airbag wheel put in, with airbag, in very nice shape. I'm located 2 hours West of Chicago, IL.

The car in the back is my daily driver, not a parts car

Both black carpets themselves are in good shape & complete, but in the interest of full disclosure: The better one has no fading, and only a small tear that is completely under the passenger seat - out of view. The other has mild fading, a rust spot under the seat rail area (again out of view), and the vinyl in the driver's footwell is torn on that one only. I'll throw in a set of floormats that would cover most of that area. The discoloration around the edges is glue in areas which will be covered after installed. The foam on either side of the rear trunk is not intact on the underside (very few are at this age), but it is not visible from the top. $275 for the nicer set of carpet, $175 for the other one.

The airbag is $100, wheel with nice, black leather $125. $200 for both together. Not sure if/how I can ship the airbag, however.

Seats vary quite a bit. Nicest is one black leather comfort passenger seat. No rips or tears, split seams, and the leather is nice. It's only missing the plastic side covers - this could be screwed on from you current seat. The drivers side is similar except ofr a hole on the driver's bolster (pictured). $175 for the nice passenger seat, or $275 for both seats +shipping

The driver's sport is pretty tired, but functional - needs to be refinished. The passenger side is a comfort seat - leather is split on the base. Make an offer on either of these.

The tan rear seat is from a full leather option. The leather is in good shaped, but has some stains & discoloration. Some stain would make this very nice.

$250 for the nicer set, complete, $175 for the other, + shipping.

$100 for the powder coated intake man.

$100 for either instrument cluster (one for a manual, the other for an automatic)

$75 for complete sunroof mechanisms (have 2).

$50 for the rear wiper motor.

$100 for one the perfect climate control units, $75 for one with one mounting ear broken off (not visible once it's in)

Early offset aluminum control arms - make offer

Headlights with mechanism & motor - $100

Throttle response cam - $30

Tan center console with intact hinge - $30

Lots of various switches etc. (min. order $20 + shipping)

No Porsche script door handles (though for the right offer, I'll take them off my racecar, and put plain one on!)

Keeping most of the mechanical stuff & fenders for the racecar.

More pictures here: http://sterlingdoc.smugmug.com/gallery/6091312_2mkqR#P-1-12

Last edited by Sterling Doc; 09-30-2008 at 05:39 AM..
Old 09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How much for the better hatch carpet?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
New User- Be Gentle

I am also interested in the hatch carpet.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I'd like to sell the carpet as a set if possible, though if there is no interest in that, I'll consider splitting them up in a week or so.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Doc, If you decide to split it up i am still looking for the hatch carpet from way back when...

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-02-2008, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

do you have that plastic piece that goes over the air compressor right underneath the windshield?!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Are you open to any trades for the Sport Seats??

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
do you have that plastic piece that goes over the air compressor right underneath the windshield?!
Neither of them are intact, sorry - they're pretty fragile.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
Are you open to any trades for the Sport Seats??
It was only one sport seat, and it has sold. I still have the other seats pictured.

I'd trade everything there and then some for a good set of sport seats!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

need sunroof mechanism (for '86 pre-feburary production date set up). also rear wiper motor if it works. will buy throttle cam also if its cheap. Let me know on this stuff. I'm in chicago area so may be able to pick up if shipping is difficult.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Throttle cam $20
Wiper motor $40 if you pick it up
You can have either sunroof mechanism, but not sure how to tell if I have the one you need. Do you need the whole mechanism, just the motor, or what? It's a bit of a PIA to get out. I'll sell it pretty cheap if you come out and do the pick n' pull thing.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

OK guys, you've worn me down about the hatch carpet. Both have good carpet, the one is faded a bit, but not dried or worn out like some of them get - see the picture 3 from the bottom for a close up.

$120 for the nicer one, $60 for the lightly faded one, + shipping.

1st one to confirm at these prices gets them.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

If its still up for grabs I will take the faded hatch carpet and also I would love the front drivers carpet if you decide to split up the set.

86 944 n/a Bought to drive...now project
84 944 n/a Bought to feed project... Now I want to fix it!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

OK, $120 for both + actual shipping - need an address to figure that out (hatch carpets aren't light or small). I will include floormats if you want them.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Twin Cammer

Garage
Sport seat arrived today

Thanks for the very fair deal and quick shipping.. it might be a little rough but it is 10 times more comfortable than the standard seat I have now..

1984 944 sold in '09
1983 944 sold in '03
1986 944 sold in '99
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Thanks fore the quick payment, Kevin!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Do you have any wheel spacers?? I need two of them
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Sorry no wheel spacers.

Sport seat has sold, the rest is still up for grabs.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Bump for offers. Sport seat has sold, others are still for sale
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
One apex at a time

Garage
You dont have a cargo cover in black that is in good working order by chance?

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: