Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Starting problem

I have gas to the fuel rail (pressure is good, gas is clean, fuel pump just installed, but works and has good pressure) , I also have the spark at the plugs, but the car just cranks and cranks and wont turn over.

Yes it has sat for 2-3 years, but it started in spring 2007 , and were guessing (me and pops) that its the fuel injectors that are at fault here.

Any other ideas\/possibilities?

any self-rebuild injector kits or is it better to send em off to someplace to be rebuilt? also I was instructed that if I take apart my fuel rail I wont be able to put it back together with the old parts since theyre all going to fall apart as the fuel rail is removed, basically requiring an injector rebuild.

Im in montreal, quebec, canada
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

EDIT: just realized this is the "for sale" section!!

You don't have to rebuild the injectors if you take them out, you can order new o-rings for them. I doubt it has 4 bad injectors though

Are the spark plugs getting wet?

Last edited by rsrmike; 10-20-2008 at 11:23 AM..
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If you let it sit for a while after attempting to start, the good gas may soften up any crud left behind by old gas, and it may eventually crank.

Also, sticky injectors could flood the engine making it hard to start which would also rectify itself after sitting for a while...

Try to obtain an LED or noid light to make sure the injectors are recieving battery power and are being grounded by the DME. Don't use an incandescent test light or you may burn out the injector driver in the DME...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

no the spark plugs are not getting wet
Old 10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

also we pumped out the old gas in the line before putting the line back on the injectors so the gas is not an issue. its brand new 15L of 94 octane , the best available locally
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

injectors

common problem with cars that sat..take off injector wiring and hot wire injectors..12volt to 1 terminal and ground to other [power probe] do this several times if no clicking injectors ng
Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: