Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Early Christmas Idea: Manual Roof 944 Saratoga Top

I have a manual 944 Saratoga Top for sale. It's the later frameless type. I purchased it earlier this year. I used it twice, and for the rest of the time it sat under my bed while I had the engine out of the car. I no longer have a 944 of my own, and other 944s in my family do not have a manual roof, so I am selling this.

I would consider the condition to be fair-to-good overall. The glass has perhaps a dozen normal rock chips that you'll find on most any car windshield. There are a few scratches, less than 1.5" long, that you can see from the right (or wrong) angles. There is some paint missing from the latches, but they are all fully functional. The seal is not dry, but tends to flake off and is a little gooey. I have read here that you can purchase two VW Jetta sunroof seals as replacements. It seemed to seal better than my regular roof, however. Includes a brown factory sunroof bag in OK shape. E-mail me at jszarkowicz87 AT gmail DOT com for high resolution pictures. I'll try to accommodate requests for other pictures, though it's difficult to photograph tinted glass.

I have tried to magnify the flaws, because a Saratoga is considered a "premium" item for 944s and I don't want to disappoint the new owner. It's a fully usable top, and I really liked how it brightened the interior of the car. You can't see any glass flaws from sitting inside the car, nor does it detract from the general appearance of a 944. I am asking $550 shipped, packed, and insured by UPS east of the Mississippi, $575 west of the Mississippi.

Last edited by yellowline; 11-23-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-23-2008, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

More pictures:

Old 11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

bump
Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: