Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I just need help

Im trying to improve horsepower and ive already gotten a boost controller,increased compression,tial wastegate with 1 bar spring,and stage two autothority chips, but I would like to go faster what can I do for better HP cause im rebuilding the engine with my dad and I want to do what I can while the engines out,PLEASE HELP.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

u increased static compression?... that's...unusual for a turbo car. most ppl with turbo cars (although i don't know about turbo porsche's) decrease static compression and increase the boost.

obvious first answer is...bigger turbo and standalone engine management. say..microsquirt or something

but since yer thinking about building the engine itself. have u put in rods and head studs? would go towards being able to reliably use more boost. how are the turbo heads? maybe port them out a bit and get oversize valves?

how is yer intake and exhaust piping. if anything isn't 3"...they should be. what intercooler? maybe look into a vertical flow front mount.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thekidd
Is your car a turbo or N/A. Cant really make an N/A faster as in HP, but you can make them lighter, therefore faster. Alot you can do to the turbos, it has been talked about countless times on the forum, just do a search
85.5 944 red- Pinta (past)
87 924S red- Nina (past)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: