Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Greasy Member

Parting soon: '87 944S

Just a heads up, I will be picking up an '87 944S later this week/weekend just for the transmission, everything else is getting parted. The car has 87k documented miles, along with receipts for maint. services. More info to follow.

-Nick
-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you pull the 16V motor and drop in an 8V, you've got a spec 944. I have an 8V in my 944S and the drop in was easier than I had expected.

If the body is good enough, you might consider pulling the engine and selling the roller as a spec starter.

Just a few things to consider.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Rogue Tuning

PM sent...

-Rogue
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Keep us posted Nick!
2015 Charger Rallye SXT
Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Well, here she is: I just got her home this evening. I won't get a chance to get more detailed pics until Monday. The interior is a tan Porsche script fabric, kinda hard to describe pictures will be better. However, she purred like a kitten right onto the trailer. Too bad the nose is about 15 degrees out of whack If anyone is interested in the motor, I have a huge stack of maintenance documentation from day one of ownership, and sad to say... I bought it from the second owner!

Stay tuned
-Nick
-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Greasy Member

The documentation for the car:
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Here's some pics of the interior bits. The interior is really clean, the door pannels are a brown over tan script cloth. The sport seats are a tan leather/tan script cloth, pass. seat is near perfect, the drivers seat as a small seam split on the outer bolster seam. back seat is also in great shape.

I should have a list with pricing put together by mid-week.

Thanks,
-Nick
Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
want to get the motor

I would love to get that motor from you. would you be willing to trade a 85.5 944 porsche for it? i can get more details and some pics if you are instrested. short version on the car infomation is, great interior, nice original pait job. one dent in right rear quarter panel, engine blown, trnny rebuilt, new clutch kit put in.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Unfortunately, I don't need any more cars around here right now! all the $$ that comes from parting this is going into the track car.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
drunk and stupid

How much for both CV axle assemblies?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

pm on seats
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: