Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Complete running 86 Turbo Engine

I have a complete running turbo engine for sale. From an 86 Documentation to show new water pump, front seals, belts and more changed in the Engine, about 100 miles of driving after the work was done. Engine is currently in the car and will be pulled once paid for. $900

Prefer local pickup but I would put it on a palet for curb side pickup as well.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bump, still available
Engine will include intake and exhaust manifolds, injectors, fuel rail, turbo, AC compressor, engine mounts, crossover.

Does NOT include wire harness, power steering, computers. Those are available seperatly at additional cost.

Last edited by mikeran; 04-10-2009 at 03:25 AM..
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Any pics you can post up? Do you know how many miles are on it? Any compression numbers and leak down numbers?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
148K miles, no compression or leak down as I don't have the equipment to test it
Here is a picture of the engine in the car when Many944s finished changing out the water pump, timing belts, all front seals, cam tower gaskets, new vaccum hoses, also has new AOS seals, new turbo seals.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Learned by do'n twice

call george at 973 462 0748. he is intetrested in buying your engine

jmd_forest
Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
bump, any interest for a complete engine before I tear it down and sell it as parts?

Parting a complete Turbo car, Sold the front end and the Transmission, the rest still available.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hi Mike,
I am still interested pending at least compression numbers. A tester is pretty cheap to buy and there might even be a local person from Pelican or Rennlist that would letyou borrow theirs. The test is easy to do....
Old 04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Well I pulled the trans and the torque tube over the weekend is it still possible to crank the engine safely?

The exhaust is also out of the car and the wastegate since they had to be removed to get the torque tube out

If I can still crank it over to test the compression I will get it done
Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Under the car

Yeah you can still turn it over for a compression check.

I bought the transmission and front end from mike this weekend and looked over the car pretty close. This engine is not leaking any fluids and does have a new waterpump on it. In general it looks to be in good shape.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: