Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1991 Rebuilt S2 motor for sale

I am in the process of rebuilding a 91 S2 motor. This is a bottom up thorough rebuild. It will have the oil system updates available for it. There will be no electrical parts available with this motor. Just a plain, Jane long block. Motor would be legal for PCA classes as well as a good street motor or swap. That was my intention for it, but have decided to build a Spec 944 instead. Contact me if you are interested. The location of this motor is south FL. I am still waiting for the machine shop to finish their work. So it is not for immediate sale. I am just testing the waters. As far as my experience with this type of work, no worries. I have a good amount of experience from street to track. All parts are O.E.M supplied or O.E.M.
I also have a full black leather interior and a partial red cloth for sale. Plus various electrical goodies for chassis and engine.

Thank you and good day.

Last edited by doc993md; 03-21-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Sounds very interesting. Perhaps a price and photos might help some folks here?

C.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You are right photos would help. Right now I can try to post photos of the cylinder head and new parts. The bottom end is still getting work done to it. The head was redone by Extreme Cylinder Heads and was given a race prep and had the exhaust bowl radiused. This company is reknown for there racing Porsche heads and actually cast there own new style 911 heads. The bottom end is being rebuilt by T.E.C. also another race machine shop known for there Porsche work. As far as a price I'm still not sure what is a fair asking price. I am thinking around $5000, as used ones seem to go for around 3 grand. This may seem high, but the shop I used to work for would almost get that much for a race ready rebuild. This is still alot cheaper than the $50,000 dollars we get for a full race 2.0 liter 911 motor. That is a ground up full build from scratch. Anyway thanks for your response.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: