Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
TRADE: my 3" performance exhaust for your late offset wheels

I'm looking for late offset wheels for my 88' 944. I'd prefer if they have tires on them.
I have a like new, GHL 3" Performace Cat-Back exhaust. Anywhere online this sells for $899. Here's some pics... PM me if interested.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What kind of wheels are you looking for? I have a set of 928 wheels that look like phone dials but a little bit different.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
I know you were looking for 16's but I do have a set of 15" phonies with decent Yoko AVS100s on them off my '88 944. Wheels were painted a few years ago. Am near DC, so shipping would probably be your biggest expense. Not really interested in the exhaust, unless you want to do a straight up trade. (I'll trade one pile of stuff that I'm not using for another pile of stuff I'm not using so long as I'm not losing value and it helps someone...)

BAD: one of the fronts has a vibe in it. Not sure if it's a bad tire or bad wheel. Suspect wheel as they've done this with two different sets of tires. I just gave up and bought some known good used wheels with Michelins on them. (now I'm cleaning up YET ANOTHER set of phonies... does nobody ever clean the insides of their wheels?)

LMK if you're interested. I'd really rather not ship, but if you make it worth my while...

nate
Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have 15" phone dials & 16 " Flats.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK's944 View Post
What kind of wheels are you looking for? I have a set of 928 wheels that look like phone dials but a little bit different.
I'm looking for late offset wheels with tires on them. Do you have a pic of your wheels? The wheels on my car now (in the pic) are early offset, but the car calls for late offset, so I'm currently rubbing. Unfortunately for me, the tires on the car right now are brand new... less than 500 miles on them. So I'm trying to make this as inexpensive for me as possible. That's why I'd like to trade my exhaust straight up for a decent set of wheels and tires.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
I have 15" phone dials & 16 " Flats.
What are 16" flats??? do either have tires on them?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

These are not great pics...but you should get an idea...

from an 88 turbo S

the rear tires are bad:

Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

cat Back...

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Whoa...i need acat back ! + ihave nice 16" cup wheels AnD im Fly to BWI monday.AM...may knot be pracital to take wheels on flight but i can Grey Hound @ reasonable price,,,Same on return of exhaust,,,
my cell 850 1940..
Lets make this work! Im at Smokey Mountain Spring Fling this week end ,try my cell anyhow we may get lucky '
Thanks EMT-911
Understanding Wife...Most Times
Old 04-24-2009, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMT-911 View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Whoa...i need acat back ! + ihave nice 16" cup wheels AnD im Fly to BWI monday.AM...may knot be pracital to take wheels on flight but i can Grey Hound @ reasonable price,,,Same on return of exhaust,,,
my cell 850 1940..
Lets make this work! Im at Smokey Mountain Spring Fling this week end ,try my cell anyhow we may get lucky '
Thanks EMT-911
cool. i'll send you a PM and call you in the morning.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Wheels

WhoA... Found it ,Pics below..
Understanding Wife...Most Times
Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
i seemed to initally get a lot of interest in a trade like this... but for one reason or another, nothing worked out. So it's still out there if anyone else is interested.

I'm looking for ANY type of late offset wheels that have tires with good tread life left on them. I don't mind shipping the exhaust, but the I realize shipping wheels will be a PITA...but that's up to you. I live in CT, about 2 hrs from Boston and NYC, so maybe I could even meet up w/ someone in the New England area.

PS - yes, the exhaust is pretty loud.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
wheels ???

Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwiert View Post
i seemed to initally get a lot of interest in a trade like this... but for one reason or another, nothing worked out. So it's still out there if anyone else is interested.

I'm looking for ANY type of late offset wheels that have tires with good tread life left on them. I don't mind shipping the exhaust, but the I realize shipping wheels will be a PITA...but that's up to you. I live in CT, about 2 hrs from Boston and NYC, so maybe I could even meet up w/ someone in the New England area.

PS - yes, the exhaust is pretty loud.
I thought you went with another set. The only set of late offset tthat I have with tires, are off a 924 Turbo, 6X16s.

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
dp951 - PM sent.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
hmmm... so those are a bit narrower or skinnier, right? any pics?

Quote:
I thought you went with another set. The only set of late offset tthat I have with tires, are off a 924 Turbo, 6X16s.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmm... so those are a bit narrower or skinnier, right? any pics?

Yes, this is the style, the set with tires are white.. They are in my storage, trying to find a picture of them..
Thanks,

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
That's OK. I don't mind the style, but I do mind the white... and I don't have the time to refinish them. My car's black and I think white rims would look a little weird.
Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Yes, this is the style, the set with tires are white.. They are in my storage, trying to find a picture of them..
Thanks,
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
That's OK. I don't mind the style, but I do mind the white... and I don't have the time to refinish them. My car's black and I think white rims would look a little weird.
Thanks anyway.
Contrast isn't bad looking, white wheels on our 84 track car...

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
I have a couple of sets of the forged slotted wheels factory finish also late phone dials 16x7 16x8
Old 04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I have 4 straight 15" phone dials with Michelin Hydroedges on them with roughly 6k miles. One has a tiny screw in it, but it's still holding air fine. They're kind of dull, but have original paint. They don't fit over my new brakes!

Charlie.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: