Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
2.7 liter engine complete with DME

I brought home an 87 porsche 944 to strip the other day as it was a really nice car that had simply blown the clutch and had some real body damage and when I pulled the dme it is the year specific 2.7 liter computer for an 89 944. Before I pull the engine out and sell it in pieces I was wondering if anyone would like the engine whole with DME. It would be a nice upgrade for anyone looking to swap out an engine. The odometer read 80,000 miles but that realistically means nothing considering it was all in an 87. The engine was running great when I put the car on the trailer and sounded very nice with nothing noticably wrong. I will have to get the whole thing out and check part numbers on it first to make sure it was an 89 but being year specific I would think something wouldn't have been running right if the engine was the original 87. Like I said, I am just taking a shot at selling it whole but will part it out (I know what the head is worth) if I don't get a nice offer on the whole thing. Again, this is all dependant on it being an 89. Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

if you post pics here of the intake manifold and head we can determine if its a 2.7. it is different then a 2.5l
Old 05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage

175, Yeah I know what the 2.7 looks like once I get it out. I was hoping to have someone get the engine whole and will be checking it out without pulling it apart. Regardless, it will be out by early next week. I will get you all pics once I get them. Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: