Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S Longblock

I have a 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S longblock for sale.
Came from a car that Ran and drove fine and had good power.
1 Exhaust Stud broke when trying to fix cracked headers.

Asking $1200 shipped anywhere in the Continental 48 States.

Call (971)506-9430 for more info.
I do have some other items from this car but not much.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I noticed that this is the engine that was listed on e-bay, and I bidded $850.00 for it as that was the price you started it at. My bid was the only bid and at the last minute someone outbidded me by $10.00.Apparantly you bought your own engine back.What I dont understand is why you would start the bidding at a price you were not willing to sell it at.You ended up paying e-bay what ever they charge for an $850.00 saleand your still trying to sell it . If you wanted $1200.00 you should have started it at $1200.00 and I woulld have bought it.I have since bought a different spare engine,But if you get desperate I would buy it for $800.00 just to rebuild it.Let me know.Thanks much, John.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi, I dont appreciate you writing something like that and blaming me for "Shill Bidding" I dont do that and that is Illegal.

What happened was a Person from germany bought the engine and I crated it for him and went to drop it off for shipping. Shipping cost to germany by Air was $1,030. When I came to drop it off they asked me what it was and I told them it was a Used engine, When they heard that they said they cant take it because it still has fluids in it and that is considered a "HAZMAT" Shipment by plane. They told me I have to take it to get prepared by "HAZMAT Pro's and get it crated by them and then ship it as a "HAZMAT" item. Getting it Prepared was about $400 and the shipping cost alone was going to cost Over $2K. Once I told my customer that what was goint to happen we decided I would give him a refund and it is not worth it for him to pay $860 for a engine and over $2K for shipping. I have proof and paperwork of this and I really dont appreciate you Accusing me of something Illegal and as serious as you just said.

I raised the price because I rather take the engine apart then sell it for $800.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Anything is possible, But it sure seemed funny at the time. Regardless I was serious when I indicated I would Buy the engine. As for your indicating you would rather take the engine apart I have several engines that arnt rebuildable ,but have a lot of salvagable parts. If you would be interested in some trades plus cash for the engine let me know as i also have some new 951 Max chips, bosch hi volume fuel pump sold by lindsey racing, and other parts. Let me know.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

PM sent.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I don't want to jump anyone's action but I would be interested in picking up the engine if the DME and KLR and engine harness were available.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Bump
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: