Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: 944S 16 Valve head, AFM, DME (16 valve conversion?)

When my cam chain tensioner broke this spring I expected the worst, and bid on a lot of parts on ebay to replace anything which was bad. Fortunately, it was on the starter motor, not while it was running, so there turned out not to be much damage. Accordingly, I now have the following unused parts:

1.) 944S AFM clean, good working condition - $50
2.) 944S DME working - $100 sale pending
3.) 944S head - no cracks, good lifters, mostly good valves (three of four cylinders hold pressure -- #2 does not, according to the leakdown test, and must have slightly bent valves) - $700
4.) intake cam (good) and exhaust cam (lobes are good, gear is missing part of two teeth) - $100

To get this all running together, you would need either 2 or 4 valves for cylinder #2, a tensioner and an oil line for the tensioner. The guides should be fine, and I will include some spare valve seals. The engine was not running when the tensioner broke (on the starter). Before the tensioner broke, the oil pressure was a steady 4 bar. I'm happy to send along the broken tensioner (it has a small chip out of the leading edge of the metal support under the pad) if you want to try rebuilding it.

I would prefer to sell it all together, so make an offer if you need this stuff, or want it as a 16v conversion for your 2.5L 8v! Shipping is obviously extra. I'm located in Ontario, Canada, but can work something inexpensive out if you're in the US.

Last edited by pontifex4; 07-30-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

DME, head and cams sold. AFM still available.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: