Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

rear wheel stud removal ?

I want to replace my wheels on my 87n 930t new to the car and figured there would not be any hang ups, not. I was not aware of the spacers on the rear, so my wider wheels poke to much with the spacers and without them the studs are way to long, any one know what the standard size stud needed if i will not be running spacers ? and whats involved in changing them ?

thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Studs are available from lots of places like Pelican Parts.
You need to pull the hub and press them out. It is not an easy task to pull the hub and you will most likely need to replace the rear wheel bearings in the process. Some specialty or custom tools will be needed to get the bearing in/out.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: