Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS various parts left on 944

Hey guys,

i'm parting an 83 944 n/a. Black interior white exterior. rear hatch gone along with drivers door and sunroof. Plenty of parts left. what are you looking for?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to msailer
Don't know if you have gotten down to the bare steering column and dash out yet, but.......

From your '83, I need the harness the supports the switches in the steering column, headlight switch and such. On my '83, this is all wrapped in a tan cloth tape. I know it's tough to get out, but if you can cut the bundle as close to the fuse block as possible.

I had a short in mine, where the steering column mounting plate cut into the harness and shorted/melted those circuits.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

you need the complete harness or partial? do you have any pics of what you need?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Partial, I'll get you pix tonight.

Not sure if you could actually get out the entire harness under the dash.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i'm working on taking out the complete dash as we speak. there are a few goodies i need for another one of my 944's
Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

where u located? looking for center console and pass door panel....but might be a pain to ship

also i could use one or both of the speed/ref sensors.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

manual rack and intermediate shaft?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystar View Post
where u located? looking for center console and pass door panel....but might be a pain to ship

also i could use one or both of the speed/ref sensors.
i am located in southern california. the console and door panel shouldn't be to bad to ship.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

manual rack and shaft are gone already. sorry
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantin56 View Post
i am located in southern california. the console and door panel shouldn't be to bad to ship.
would u mind pricing it to 60107? that door panel is a pretty big piece heh. now i kinda regret ripping it off. time attack rules say i gotta have door panels and center console to be "street" class heh
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

whats your email address?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

krystar@gmail.com
Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

sent you an email with the details
Old 10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Hello. I could use a center console ashtray, one of those small switches in the center console (can be a blank), drivers side front amber marker light lens (the narrow one on the side), decent condtion black carpet set to cover the hatch and wheel well areas, fuse box cover, and the hose that goes from the air filter to the timing belt cover. Shipping to 98250.

Thanks

Last edited by Tiramisu; 10-21-2009 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Do you happen to have a complete exhaust hanger like this picture? If so, can I get a shipped price to zip 27596? Thanks.

Former owner of: '88 924LE (Luddite Edition) manual steering, manual sunroof, manual windows, AC delete, cruise delete, M030 Konis, 25.5 torsions, 931 valance and header panels, 6X16 Fuchs, lowered, etc, etc.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Tiramisu, the only thing i have is the side marker. $25 shipped

Moorepower , my car was missing that bracket when i took out that exhaust
Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Moorepower, I have the top part, ubolt and hanger bracket, still mounted to my torque tube, not being used, it's the one that is just rear of the cat converter heatsheild, don't have the bottom part.. If it's the one you are looking for, and I can get it off without breaking the bolts; you can have it sans shipping.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I have attached the pictures of the harness that I need. Let me know if you need more help, with what I'm looking for.

This is the bundle that goes under the column to the fuse panel. If you can cut it somewhere close to the fuse panel it would be good.

Here is the damage by this connector and hazard switch.

Here is the damage by the headlight switch.

That square metal plate cut into the harness, creating the short and subsequent damage to the harness.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

what year is the car and what are those wires to exactly?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantin56 View Post
what year is the car and what are those wires to exactly?
My car is an '83

Those wires come off the back of one of the stalks.
So I need the bundle that comes off the steering column, which includes the plug from the back of the ignition switch, plugs from the back of the stalks ( I believe there are three), the wires/plug to the headlight switch and hazard light switch. This runs into one bundle under the steering column.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: