Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How to post pictures

Hello Gents,

Just as the title describes. I tried a Search and didn't come up with anything. I'm an old head, so I need your HELP on how I can post pictures on here. Simple terms, please, step by step instructions easy to follow and how to make the pictures larger if needed. You can send it in a PM if you will, or there just might be others who would benefit by your instructions and are too embarrassed to ask for help. Every time pictures are put into Photo Bucket by someone all kinds of adds show up. I received a big new Sony camera for Christmas and want to use it. If you have read this far I will be most grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
OKAY EVERYONE, HERE IT IS... now pay attention because apparently this is tricky for some people...

1. Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and get your FREE account.

You can get this account by clicking on the green "Join Now" button...

2. Once you have your account, you will be directed to the page pictured below.

Click on the "Upload Now" button, and choose your pictures from the folders on your computer.

3. Once you have uploaded some pictures, you need to check the box next to the one(s) you want. In this example, there is one picture without a check, and two with... just so you know what it looks like.

4. Then you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the blue button that says "Generate HTML and IMG code" (*NOTE: this button will only be blue if you have put a checkmark next to at least one picture, otherwise it will be gray and "unclickable".)

5. After clicking the button, you will be taken to a page that looks like this.

As you can see, there are several formats for you to choose from... you want the codes in the box as pictured below, called IMG images for message boards.

6. Then, after you have copied them to the "clipboard", edit-paste them to the message box on the forum you're writing in.

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL THOSE WHO HAVE TROUBLE DOING COMPUTER RELATED TASKS! Grin Grin Grin

this is where i got this, here the link http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?board=944tech;action=display;num=1222723 551 i hope this helps everyone!

Last edited by modenas; 12-31-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you, modenas, for the help. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 12-31-2009, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by modenas View Post
this is where i got this, here the link 944 Online Forum - The Porsche 944 Forum For The 944 Enthusiast. i hope this helps everyone!
I thought I'd seen this somewhere before...
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
lol yea, that y i didnt take credit for it. i just took credit for posting it here
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hi Gents, I knew about Photo Bucket, But the pictures are small and adds pop up all the time. I see other pictures on here that are larger and also be made larger with a little magnifying glass. That is what I need to know how to do. Thank you, Gents, for helping an old guy out.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

hybrid

Garage
reminder for everyone
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Picasaweb is another free hosting service with no banners or popups. They also have a pretty decent FREE companion software download that helps keep your local images organized, and allows you to choose which ones to sync with your online public albums.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: