Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Feeler: '86 944 NA part-out -- Ottawa ON CANADA

PART-OUT HAS STARTED!

See: 1986 944 NA part-out -- Ottawa Ontario CANADA

NEW: Photos have been uploaded, see: http://picasaweb.google.com/111809780075448856059/Red944#

I'll try to upload a video of it starting & running to YouTube.

Just trying to get a sense of the demand for parts from an '86 N/A 944 5-speed in Ottawa, Ontario.

FYI, the Canadian angle is very relevant to those of us here who need body panels, and other large/heavy parts, as shipping cost from the US to Canada with large and/or bulky items is completely prohibitive, let alone the outrageous UPS/FedEx brokerage fees! (I had a door & fender sent from southern Ontario for my '85.5, and UPS was quite cheap...)

It's an ex-Florida car (zero rust), the burgundy exterior is very nice, very slight ding in pass door. Starts and runs OK, has been stored indoors for three years, but was started about every four months. Manual trans, sunroof, and I can post the full option codes and photos later.

For simplicities sake, post/PM what you're after and a reasonable market value offer. (I will cross-reference offers with other posts, so don't waste time with silly low-balls...)

Once I get a sense of interest, I'll weigh if it's worth parting out versus a complete sale. (I'm assuming that it'll sell for the $2500-$3000 range...)

FYI, I also have an '85.5 N/A hacker/track car, so that's why I'm leaning towards a partial part-out versus a complete sale. (eg; body panels/interior would be of no interest for me to keep...)

Thanks.

Last edited by 944_dude32; 05-26-2010 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: ed.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Under the car

If it is a car in good shape maybe you should sell it complete rather than part it out regardless of the value just to keep more of these cars on the road. I think the numbers of them are starting to get pretty low.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb View Post
If it is a car in good shape maybe you should sell it complete rather than part it out regardless of the value just to keep more of these cars on the road. I think the numbers of them are starting to get pretty low.

Well, that's possible, but the next buyer could just part it out!

It just occurred to me that a part-out could allow me to keep a modest number of parts for my other 944, and as along as I get fairly close to the "whole" value, then it's a double-bonus!

I have yet to do the math and see what a sum of the value of the most "popular" parts would be, but if it was anywhere close to $2k, that would be fine...

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Under the car

It was just an idea. But I doubt that if you sold it for $3500 that someone parting it out would buy it for that much. There are already tons being parted out and it seems as though it has driven part values down considerably. I guess parting one in canada might be a little more challenging as well with shipping issues.

Good luck to ya.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Looking for rear sway bar brackets (portion welded to the torque tube).
If you can cut those out for me that would be great... looking to spend $40 plus shipping, I am in Toronto area.

Thanks
Martin
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

How are the front fenders and front valance?

pm me....I'm in Owen Sound, ON
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Ecu

Still got the computer?If so PM me, Toronto area.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickharrison View Post
How are the front fenders and front valance?

pm me....I'm in Owen Sound, ON

Pretty much mint... I'll see if I can post some outdoor photos this weekend.

With respect to the chap that wanted the ECU, the car is still 100% complete and running well, I'm just trying to get a sense of demand, and if the part-out is more effective than a complete sale. (a lot more work to part-out, but as long as the parts value is fairly close to the complete value, then it'll be worthwhile...)

I won't delay the decision too long, but let me know if you are in a hurry for any given part.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
what the price to get it as a roller? no motor, have interior
Old 05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind both rear quarters. How are the rubber seals, etc around the hatch, doors and sunroof?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I may need some items waiting on word a set of calipers also what kind of seats are in the car
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal144 View Post
I may need some items waiting on word a set of calipers also what kind of seats are in the car
Seats are burgundy leather, but the driver's side is pretty much toast.

For all replies, it's looking like the part-out might work. I just have to figure out the logistics of it all!

I'd have to move the car back to storage and have some way of storing all the various parts. (I'd probably do a complete dis assembly as a summer project!)

Keep sending those requests!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Photos added, see first post!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
How many miles on the car? May be interested in the 5 spd?
J
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

PART-OUT HAS STARTED see below

PART-OUT HAS STARTED!

See: 1986 944 NA part-out -- Ottawa Ontario CANADA

Don't reply to this thread any more...
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: