Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Selling 1986 951

Hi folks, I'm selling my 1986 951 for $10k, which is a lot, but I think I can eventually get it considering the condition of the car. I'd prefer to have the cash right now because I'm thinking of getting a new everyday car.

It's got 87k miles, belts, rollers, tensioners done at 78k miles, all receipts (including original warranty book with dealer service stamps), new Dunlop sp 8000s, chips, LBE. A/c sprung a leak in August. I recharged it, but it all leaks out again within 1 day.

It'll be on Ebay today.

If any interest, email scottewid@att.net

p.s. located in central New Jersey, and that's the original Copenhagen blue paint.

Old 12-12-2001, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Loser

What kind of stereo is that in there?? How about the speakers?? Also, I dont suppose you're interested in a 88 944 n/a?
Old 12-27-2001, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Looks good from picture point of view. A/C concerns me. Expensive to repair and replace. Do you stand firm on 10k? Sounds like you've taken good care of it. Looking into one right now and came across your's.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sold it

Thanks for the inquiries, but I sold it last weekend.

For those of you interested in tracking resale values, I got $9,500 for it. It took two posts on Ebay and Autotrader. The first ran mid December ending the 18th, and bidding only went up to $7,600 and I got no offers from the Autotrader ad, but several inquiries.

I relisted it a week ago and got 5 inquiries by Saturday. On Sunday, a local NJ person came to look at it and offered $8,000. I said no because I want $10k and I'm in no hurry to sell, and think I can get $10k if I wait. He went up to $9,000 and I said no. He went up to $9,500, so I said yes. I probably could have gotten $10k from him or someone else because two people in PA and NH wanted to come look at it and they saw the Autotrader where I had it advertised for $11k. $9.5k was close enough, though, especially considering that the NJ guy brought his German car mechanic father who found a slight leak in the power steering rack that I didn't know about, and the left front strut cartridge was bad.

Anyways, the 944 experience was fun, but now I'm going to sell the 93 Saab 9000 (non-turbo), pool the money and get a 2000 or 2001 Audi A4 1.8t for everyday driving. First thing after I get the A4, though, I'll be putting in the APR chip to get 207hp. Still not as much as the 951, but like I said, the allure of having a high performance sports car has worn off and I'm ready to settle down to a comfy performance sedan.

Aloha all and happy 944'ing!

scott
Old 01-17-2002, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: